Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

skips . during songs

skips . during songs

spotify skips all the time during songs. I've already deleted and reinstall the apt with no success
3 Replies

Hi @Ryan29311 , welcome to the Spotify Community! Let's try to troubleshoot this issue with you. 

First of all, please try a clean reinstallation. This can resolve many common issues. 

If you're still having trouble after a reinstall, please let us know the following details:

1. Exact Device (e.g. Samsung Galaxy 4)

2. Exact operating system (e.g. 4.4.2)

3. Spotify app version installed (2.0.0)

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? 

5. About how many playlists do you have?

If you could get back to us with those details it would be great. Thanks!

I've been experiencing the same problem, or at least what I think is the same problem. I will be listening to a song over LTE or WiFi with full bars, or close to it and about half way through the song it will pause for 5 seconds begin playing where it left off and pause again for a split second, then play again. This happen almost within every song. Although it sounds like a buffering problem my theory is that the problem lies within in the app, specifically the adroid version on my phone. I does not happen on my wife's iPhone, nor my Mac Mini or Dell work computer.

I have tried reinstalling the app twice. Adjusting the song quality - tried them all. Disabling Nuplayer (which wasn't enabled on my phone in the first place). Installing a cache cleaner and making sure cache has been cleared before playback. Deleting old apps that I no longer use. You get the point.

1. Exact Device - Samsung Galaxy Note Edge

2. Exact operating system - 5.0.1

3. Spotify app version installed - 3.4.0.764

4. What are you doing when the app skips/ stops/ crashes? Is it when it opens? When scrolling through tracks? When searching? - In most cases I am doing nothing within the app. The screen is either locked or open and a playlist is playing. It happens both directly in the app and when on my home screen, just as a note I do use the widget if that makes a difference.

5. About how many playlists do you have? Around 30 playlists - if this matters I can certainly delete a few

I'm getting to the point now where I would rather just factory reset my phone but really don't want to have to. I am a huge fan of Spotify and would hate to have to cancel the service as I use the family plan with 5 accounts.

Please help!

Hello @mcgins, Welcome to the community 🙂

i appologise for the long time it took me to reply, ive been very busy lately 😞

This sounds like a issue with the phone itself (eg:software), but i do not suggest you reset your phone as their is always a chance that it could be to the app 🙂

i suggest you contact spotify support here:

https://www.spotify.com/about-us/contact/contact-spotify-support/?contact

If you receive a No-Reply email that says to check out the FAQ or Community just reply to that email and Spotify support will contact you 🙂

Support takes 24-48 hours to reply to you if they have not replied to you by tomorrow you can ask me here and i will escalate the issue for you 🙂

I hope this helped solve your issue 🙂

Suggested posts