Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

sorting playlists on android

sorting playlists on android

Hey,

Spotify premium subscriber here with a question. When will I be able to sort my playlists on my Droid? This is a standard feature of any music player software, free or pay, past or present, and I'm unsure why this has not been implemented on Android as of now. It has been many many months since release, and we've since had an update, still no ability to sort. Is there some kind of official word we can get on the time frame for this feature to be implemented?

Thanks much!
8 Replies

Would also be good for iPhone 🙂

thank you!

this can be a deal breaker, every other player has the basic rudimentary ability to sort by song name or artist name, its so basic i dont understand why its not in here

finding a song or artist is such a hassle when you have a large playlist, i usually just hit the shuffle and hope for the best, im assuming that would not be the intentions of spotify but they sure aint fixing it

is there an email or contact us that we can send something to them? maybe if enough people speak up we can get this much needed "feature" in here

Hey guys 🙂 

This feature has been suggested and marked as under consideration by the Spotify team over on the Ideas Exchange here. If you would like to see it implemented, head over to that thread and add your kudos and comments.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hey Peter,

Thanks much for the reply. I hate to say, but that specific response has been sitting around a little too long for my liking as a paying customer, and "under consideration" just doesn't fly when it comes to sorting features for this mobile music player. Do you have any other suggestions on who we could contact in regards to this issue, maybe outside "the team", perhaps the group of folks who oversees this team, and their directional focus? I would be interested to know where this status of "consideration" is, or possibly speak to someone who has influence in that decision making process.

TLDR: We need an update with solid information 🙂

I dont have anyone else who you can get directly in touch with. I will tell you that the community staff are constantly passing feedback to the internal development teams so it is no doubt that the demand for this feature has been passed onto the people in charge of things like that. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

It's sad that this feature is missing. I'm cancelling my premium account right now. CLICK HERE if you want to do the same.

Bumping an old thread, but it's good news!

This is implemented in the latest update 🙂

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips

Although there has been a bit of movement on this, we still cannot sort by track number. i.e. play an album in the order in whcih the atist wanted us to listen to it in. This is a pretty basic feature, and a massive oversight. This is available (sort of, but not explicitly clear) in the desktop version.

I can't believe I pay for this app sometimes. 

Suggested posts