Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify doesn`t save to sd card

Solved!

spotify doesn`t save to sd card

Hello,

on my WIko Wax spotify is unable to save offline music to the sd card. Although the internal disk is full and there is plenty of space on the sd card spotify just says "disk is full". I also emtied the catch and deleted all data...doesn't help.

Thank you for your ideas!

297 Replies
Marked as solution

All you have to do is open Spotify go to settings go all the way to the bottom and it gives you the option of where to save the music
Marked as solution

How could i know if the sd card is not available or accessible? It works with other apps, and was working well until i updated to Android 6.0. Now it is adopted storage, which is suppossed to be good news, but there's no way i can make it work for spotify. I'm running v. 4.9.0.992.

Thank you

Marked as solution

Hi @maurobologna

Adoptable storage is good for some use cases, however by converting the storage to internal it blocks applications from being able to use it for data. It also will affect the life of your sd card.

I'd recommend reading up more about the new adoptable storage and whether this is something that you want. If you want your sd card to act as removable storage then you'll need to convert it back.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

How do you convert it back? I can´t make spotify read my SD Card I made it so my SD card acts like internal storage

I fairness, this is not a spotify issue, this would be an Android issue.
That said. Try reformatting the card in a PC as a standard card, and then
reinsert it into your phone. Your phone should detect that a new card has
been inserted and ask what you want to do with it.

Hi

I have just removed my subscription to Spotify.  It has corrupted my sd card one time too many.  I have tried all the options offered here. My sd card works fine with Poweramp and anything else on my phone.  I have wasted hours and also data on this issue.  If this was a free app I would expect the odd bug but i'm paying monthy for this problem that isn't being fixed.  Countless people have had this issue or something similar.  As much as I love the vast array of music on Spotify I need to be able to use it offline and thats not possible.

Thanks Spotify.

Hi RosieGray22-us,

What is it you are trying to say. A blank message tells us nothing.

I followed the steps I read above for a clean reinstallation, but now every time I click for my Spotify to go into my SD Card storage all it says is:

'We couldn't move your data.
There might be something wrong with your SD Card. Check permissions and try again.'

There's nothing that I can fix.. if anyone could help, I'd be greatly appreciative. 🙂

I tried changing my settings and all I get is:

"No Storage Area Found - Check the device storage settings"

Yet it can see my SD Card and tell me how much storage has been used and how much is available. Ideas?

@mikeyboylfc wrote:
I tried changing my settings and all I get is:

"No Storage Area Found - Check the device storage settings"

Yet it can see my SD Card and tell me how much storage has been used and how much is available. Ideas?

What device do you have? Possibly part of the below bug if you can post your detail there and watch that thread for updates:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-Storage-Area-Not-Found/idi-p/1316531

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi Daniel.

It doesn't sound like that as I'm able to open and use Spotify no problem. When I go into my settings and try to change my storage default it can see the SD Card but when I select it, Spotify closes (as it should) but it then gives me that message in my notifications.

Move files from phone memory to external SD card. Then the problem will be solved I guess. Thank you.  

Expert

After years of experiencing this issue and with no solution, I have signed up to Tidal, which allows you to select where you want your offline tracks to be stored, and will save them to your external SD card with no fuss. There are also tools online that will port your playlists over quite quickly (though the songs don't always 100% match).

I'm sorry to leave Spotify as the radio function is unique and works, but I cannot justify giving any more money to this company when it will not fix one of the most basic functions of the app. 

Oh hey, turns out there's been a fix. Well, too late.

Especially as I have a new phone now 🙂

Hi I dont seem to have that file in my data after wich you have to remove after removing spotify from my phone. Is their another solution? Or could the file have a name without the word spotify in it?

theres a option on spotify to save the files to the sd card now. you may need to do a update of the app

I found it and it works! Thanks!

Uninstall spotify. And reinstall. Just be sure not to open Spotify until
you've given it permission to write to SD card in Settings >> Applications
>> Spotify >> Permissions 😁

Suggested posts