Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify freezing

Solved!

spotify freezing

I've had this problem a lot, it used to happen like once a month but now it's several times a week.

When I use spotify on my phone the screen suddenly freeze and I can't even close the app. The music keeps playing even tho i've sometimes managed to close the app. I can't do anything when this happens please fix asap before I smash my phone.

I HAVE TO TURN OFF MY PHONE

sometimes several times a day.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'll copy/paste something I've commented in another post:

So yeah, it is an ongoing issue with a lot of Samsung variants. Seems to be another bug unfortunately. Please check this post and see what happens.

Have a nice day! 

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Hello there!

Do you have other apps running on background? What operative system version do you have (ICS, JB, KK, LP, MM, N)? What phone do you have? Does it only happen with Spotify? Have you reinstalled it? Has the phone or the app been updated in the past month?

ah yea

When it happened twice today i think I had maybe snapchat and instagram running in the background, but it happens without any other apps running also.

Im using a samsung galaxy s7 edge, Marshmallow OS version 6.0.1 (i also had the same problem with samsung galaxy s6 edge briefly/rarely)

sometimes it happens to tinder also but it works again if I just close and reopen the app, meanwhile spotify just goes full retard

I can try to reinstall it now

Yea the phone is fully updated

thank you for fast response [😊]

Hmm that is interesting. I have a father with an S6 Edge and a little brother with an S7 Edge, both do have sometimes issue with Spotify going slightly weird but not ''full retard'' as you say.

Try doing this steps:

1. Clean data & cache of Spotify
  2. Uninstall Spotify
  3. Run any cleaner tool to remove useless items (my favorite is using ES File Explorer)
  4. Install Spotify but do not open it
  5. Turn off your phone for 20 seconds and once you start it, only run Spotify.

Have it running for a while to see how it acts. Try also running it offline.

Also see how many apps you have installed, the more you have the more RAM can consume.

The icon itself consumes almost nothing but still something of ram, if it is an app that requires constant hidden background function then it is worse. The lowest RAM (hidden on background) consumption apps are stuff like WhatsApp that even if it is closed, it's still active trying to request data from the servers.

When you had your issues with the S6 Edge as well. Was it on Marshmallow? Some OS may look like the best but sometimes the apps weren't perfectly optimized for them.

As I told you, my family had issues like this with S6 and S7 both edge and with Marshmallow. It may be OS oriented problem since I have a different issue with my LG G2 on KK 4.4.2!

As I said, try killing every app and clean RAM memory to make sure Spotify runs as smooth as it can.

I am sorry to hear your situation, I don't think I'll be able to help you any further. I'll try to see what I can find and if I do find something, I'll contact you either here or privately with results.

Have a nice day! 😉 

ah cheers mate

i dont know if my s6 edge was a marshmallow but i presume so.

Im just gonne download some avast and antimalware and see what i get lol

thank you so much bruv [😊]

ah cheers mate

i dont know if my s6 edge was a marshmallow but i presume so.

Im just gonne download some avast and antimalware and see what i get lol

thank you so much bruv [😊]

Please! If you come across anything else, do not doubt in posting or hitting me up! I love helping in every situation I can.

Best of luck to you and have a great day! 😉

Same here on my S7 Edge. There a few threads with this now...

Marked as solution

I'll copy/paste something I've commented in another post:

So yeah, it is an ongoing issue with a lot of Samsung variants. Seems to be another bug unfortunately. Please check this post and see what happens.

Have a nice day! 

im gonna see if this helps thank you! 🙂

Make sure you restart your phone and if that does not work turn it all the way off and wait for tomorrow. ( Hope This Works) 🙂

Suggested posts