Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

spotify on ext sd n part2

Solved!

spotify on ext sd n part2

Acc to instruction I installed Spotify on ext sd. It worked one day. The it stopped working and since that no way how to place it on ext sd. Tried other card - same result. Photos are on ext sd. Spotify always appears on int storage. I restarted mobile formatted card again, reinstalled Spotify.... Checking the settings of storage... All the time the same result. I already do not know what else. But also realised that even any other download from inet is on int storage, in spite of settings. Got A 4.4. Already read about some troubleshooting A / ext card.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Just to be clear, you're talking about the location of spotify's cache, not the app itself I assume. Can you confirm how much free space is showing on your internal storage vs the external SD card?

As long as the external card has more free space, spotify should use this for the cache. Just go to spotify settings, delete the cache and listen to some music. The new cache should be created on your external SD card.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Htc support cannot explain why the internet downloads go to int memory, though ext sd is set up. Also impossible to copy move data on ext sd from mobile.

Conc app they say you should check compatibility of app with my mobile. Already wrote that it should go the way that core remains on int mem but all other should go to sd, if settings of app order this.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Also tried other htc mobile with other ext sd, same result.
Marked as solution

Just to be clear, you're talking about the location of spotify's cache, not the app itself I assume. Can you confirm how much free space is showing on your internal storage vs the external SD card?

As long as the external card has more free space, spotify should use this for the cache. Just go to spotify settings, delete the cache and listen to some music. The new cache should be created on your external SD card.

I will try. Ext card is new with 31 GB. Internal storage has 9 G free space. Already tried in app clear cache, with no result. I will try again....

App itself takes app 25 M of memory. But always on int storage.
Marked as solution

Htc support cannot explain why the internet downloads go to int memory, though ext sd is set up. Also impossible to copy move data on ext sd from mobile.

Conc app they say you should check compatibility of app with my mobile. Already wrote that it should go the way that core remains on int mem but all other should go to sd, if settings of app order this.

jorden

Suggested posts