Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

web player issues (Android)

web player issues (Android)

Plan

Premium

Country

Spain

Device

Galaxy s22 ultra

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

The Android App doesn´t support moving playlists to folders so I tried with the web player in Android to manage playlists , but :

1.- The web player has no access to my Library.  It forces me to download the app when trying to access my library in android (normal) mode.

2.- Using desktop mode , It enters a infinite loading loop.

I tried with several browsers (Chrome, Opera, Fierfox, ....) and private mode, with the same result.

Plase help!.

I suppose we should be able to use all functios of our library without a needing computer.

Thanks

8 Replies

Hey @jalacb,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to check, are you able to see the new UI for the web player on your mobile device? From our side, we could access the You Library section without inconvenience on an account with the new UI; nevertheless, it was not possible on an account with the old one. We're smoothly rolling out a new UI, and since the old one is being slowly deprecated, we couldn't access the library from there.

That being said, we'd recommend keeping both your device and your browser up-to-date so you won't miss any new developments. Meanwhile, you can use the desktop app to manage your folders, and once you notice you have access to the new UI, you can manage your folders from your mobile device on the web player.

On another note, we understand where you're coming from, and we really appreciate the time you took to let us know about this. Another user had a similar request, so they posted this idea about it. Feel free to add your vote, and you can also subscribe to it in the three-dot menu. That way, you can stay up-to-date with any relevant news about this. Even though the status is set to Not right now as there are no immediate plans to implement this, it doesn't mean the idea has been rejected.

Hope this clears things up. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

In my case, I can already access the new UI from the computer browser, but when using the browser on the Android device , it pops up a message to download tha app whenever I try to access the library.

I tried to acces from the phone usen the desktop mode to avoid this limitation, but it enters a infinite loading loop (only on the android browser).

I can only use the app on the android phone toaccess the library, and as within the app I can´t modify folders or move lists to folders....I have to wait to access from my computer to organise music.

Please solve this, i´s a huge limitation.

Already voted for devoelopment of app functionality with playlists folders, but meanwhile havins acceso to the webbrowser from the phone would me a solution.

Thanks!

Hi @jalacb

Thanks for your reply! 

No worries, we can confirm that it's expected that it first tries to open the app, but you can avoid that by opening the web player from a different window. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi

I´m afraid I cant open in another window in the android browser. 

I cant use the web player in the android device, it álways forces me to download the app

This is an importan issue. Please solve.

Thanks

Hey @jalacb,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Currently the web player on mobile redirects to the app. Apologies if any confusion was created here. 

We appreciate you taking the time to report the loading loop issue. We'll forward it to the relevant team and we'll work on improving the functionality, however, we can't confirm when it'll be addressed.

In the meantime, please make sure to keep your app up to date with the latest version, so you don't miss out any important fixes or features.

Hope this helps. Take care 🙂 

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi

There´s been a while since I posted this issues and still have no solution.

In Android, you cant use the web browser to access your playlist as it redirects to the app even if you want it or not.

From the app, I´s not possible to manage folders.

That's a lie, you're gaslighting. I just tried it on 3 different browsers, and all of them it wouldn't let me access my library and furthermore it just blocks you from accessing it outright when on mobile mode , simply prompting the user to download the app. Stop lying and just say Spotify is forcing everyone to download the app. It's not complicated 

Sorry ....I don´t understand why you say its a lie.....I fully agree with you, it´s the same issue I´ve been posting if you read my posts.

Does Spotify has any plans for solving this?

Why doesn´t spotify work on any android spotify browser???

Thanks

Suggested posts