[Subscription] Loyalty Program: Discount for Long Term Subscribers

For subscribers that dont have a lapse in their subscriptions - an incentive could be that every year you get 10% of your subscription price up to 50% off after 5 years of continuous membership!

Updated on 2021-07-16

Hey everyone,  

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point [7]: “No pricing, subscription or content related requests.” 

As always, keep an eye on our Spotify Blog for announcements about other discounts and offers you can use with your Spotify account.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
geligelu
Casual Listener

Or let me sign up for a longer period and get discounted for the committment.

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2017-03-06

Thank you for your idea @AARGHB. We don't have plans to offer Decreasing subscription prices for long term subscribers. Please keep an eye on our Spotify Blog for announcements about other discounts and offers you can use with your Spotify account. 

ShadowFoxus
Roadie

Just to bump the idea previously stated, I throw my support behind the implementation of random discounts for long time subscribers. 

Why couldn't spotify do this? People have their tight budgets, but not always more so than students for example. So to implement a consistent discount you would have to address and lower the other discounted users to avoid potential issues.

As for those who abuse, limit accounts in some way for trial users that will drop off when subscribed. It would take the thrill out of beating the system.

ARW007

Trying to get Spotify help to get a family membership set up and get a consumer survey - case closed - hopeless

aaronclawrence
Regular

@ShadowFoxus: the reason they can't do this is because they are still losing money! If anything they probably need to put prices up.

kazem4potify
Casual Listener

AhmadiAhmadi

kazem196@gmail.com 

Charmaine73-ca

I can't seem to cancell my premium subscriptin

aurorasz
Regular

Agree!

kazem4potify
Casual Listener
Spoiler

@AARGHB wrote:

For subscribers that dont have a lapse in their subscriptions - an incentive could be that every year you get 10% of your subscription price up to 50% off after 5 years of continuous membership!

I do need to have spotify for long periods of time with me with no periodically renewed. 
Please let me to get this.thanks 

ARW007
I would prefer to be able to buy discounted shares in anticipated Spotify IPO