Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Airplay 2 Support for iOS

New idea for earlier closed ideas:

Experiencing delay with Spotify when streaming to multiple Airplay 2 devices. Works with Apple Music 

Updated on 2021-08-07

Hello everyone,

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. To clarify, Spotify will support Airplay 2. Please continue to use this thread to add your votes and comments.

We’ll post updates when they become available.

Comments
osornios
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated on 2019-01-21

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

j_lundqvist

Yes, please enable AirPlay 2 support. Besides the convenience of improved buffers and less delay, it will (hopefully) make my stereo Homepods usable with Spotify. What are you waiting for?

copemonster

This is a must for the iOS apps. Please make this a priority, as it stands now airplaying to multiple speakers is unusable due to the delay

j_lundqvist

My god, how hard can it be? Is there a political reason to refuse this basic functionality? Can’t understand why it wasn’t  implemented yesterday?

jenswedin

I would love to see this. I have a mixed setup with multiple Sonos and Apple TV with a connected stereo speakers. The delay makes it unusable to use the above setup together with Spotify. But it works nicely with Apple Music or other apps.

Andre-dw

Why is this still not a thing?

Feefernet

The Spotify app still uses Airplay 1, which has a horribly noticeable 2 second delay when air-playing music to a HomePod or Apple TV. When you play, pause, or skip, it takes 2 full seconds for the audio to respond. Please update to Airplay 2 to vastly improve many users’ home listening experiences.

Chrisbju
Luke
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-03-07

Hey there,

That's a great idea, but something similar has already been suggested.

You can check it out here.

Have a nice day!

Luke