Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[iOS] Airplay 2 Support for iOS

New idea for earlier closed ideas:

Experiencing delay with Spotify when streaming to multiple Airplay 2 devices. Works with Apple Music 

Updated on 2021-08-07

Hello everyone,

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. To clarify, Spotify will support Airplay 2. Please continue to use this thread to add your votes and comments.

We’ll post updates when they become available.

Comments
suser9103

Because Spotify is currently in the middle of a pissing match with Apple Music and appears to be holding the users hostage. It's the same reason there isn't an Apple TV Spotify app. I'm sure they have one internally, but they aren't going to release it until they get what they want from Apple.

Any update on this? Have to say I'm disappointed that this is not supported rightaway, why do I even have to go to a forum to discover this - it should just work, otherwise why am I paying for spotify?

sebbe76

Really looking forward to this. What happens now is that the Apple Music app works better for users than the Spotify App. Really bad to let your legal battles hurt your users, if that's the case.

It would be great if someone at Spotify could clearify the situation. Maybe their engeenering team is working on this but it's hard? We, your users deserve some explanation.

davisengeler

This is truly the only thing stopping me from coming back to Spotify from Apple Music right now. 

I have cancelled my spotify subscription.

xbeny

Already got an Apple Music Subscription just because of Spotifys arrogance/avoidance implementing AIR Play 2. I will keep both for a brief period of time but will cancel my spotify subscription just because of this. It‘s beyond rediculous. 

halftome

This is literally the only reason why I still pay for an Apple Music subscription :'(

stewaal

Seriously concidering switching to Apple Music until Airplay 2 is implemented - I don't even care anymore how long it will take me to rebuild my library / playlists because there has been no news on this.

stewaal

How difficult is it to implement airplay 2?? This is one of the most differentiating features between Spotify and Apple Music. Please, please don't make me switch!

dbeard

The lack of support for this on iOS and macOS is just about to push me to apple music.