[iOS] Airplay 2 Support for iOS

New idea for earlier closed ideas:

Experiencing delay with Spotify when streaming to multiple Airplay 2 devices. Works with Apple Music 

Updated on 2019-01-21

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-01-21

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

j_lundqvist
Regular

Yes, please enable AirPlay 2 support. Besides the convenience of improved buffers and less delay, it will (hopefully) make my stereo Homepods usable with Spotify. What are you waiting for?

Chrisbju
Casual Listener
copemonster
Roadie

This is a must for the iOS apps. Please make this a priority, as it stands now airplaying to multiple speakers is unusable due to the delay

j_lundqvist
Regular

My god, how hard can it be? Is there a political reason to refuse this basic functionality? Can’t understand why it wasn’t  implemented yesterday?

jenswedin

I would love to see this. I have a mixed setup with multiple Sonos and Apple TV with a connected stereo speakers. The delay makes it unusable to use the above setup together with Spotify. But it works nicely with Apple Music or other apps.

Andre-dw

Why is this still not a thing?

suser9103

Because Spotify is currently in the middle of a pissing match with Apple Music and appears to be holding the users hostage. It's the same reason there isn't an Apple TV Spotify app. I'm sure they have one internally, but they aren't going to release it until they get what they want from Apple.

Any update on this? Have to say I'm disappointed that this is not supported rightaway, why do I even have to go to a forum to discover this - it should just work, otherwise why am I paying for spotify?

sebbe76

Really looking forward to this. What happens now is that the Apple Music app works better for users than the Spotify App. Really bad to let your legal battles hurt your users, if that's the case.

It would be great if someone at Spotify could clearify the situation. Maybe their engeenering team is working on this but it's hard? We, your users deserve some explanation.