Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Broken Song

Solved!

Broken Song

This song is broken: https://open.spotify.com/track/3FDIop2Qml6SQS4o3cJcxN?si=a1f4216c597740f6

It stops after 23 seconds

I already reported this via official Spotify support, but nothing happened. Still broken. This is obviously the default experience when reporting broken songs. Others in this community reported the same poor customer experience. What a pity!

Who can help? Why is it still broken?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @stesch79

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

We checked on our end and it looks like the song's length is just 23 seconds. Keep in mind that we display the music as the artist label/distributor uploaded it to the platform. If you've already followed the steps under Broken or incorrect content in this article, the right teams will look into it soon. However, we can't commit to an exact timeframe, as in this case, this also depends on the label/distributor.

In the meantime, you can reach out directly to the artist label/distributor to flag this.

Hope this clears things up. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @stesch79

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community.

We checked on our end and it looks like the song's length is just 23 seconds. Keep in mind that we display the music as the artist label/distributor uploaded it to the platform. If you've already followed the steps under Broken or incorrect content in this article, the right teams will look into it soon. However, we can't commit to an exact timeframe, as in this case, this also depends on the label/distributor.

In the meantime, you can reach out directly to the artist label/distributor to flag this.

Hope this clears things up. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Take care!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thanks for your swift reply. The information that the song is not broken and the fact, that the song has the same short length on other streaming services, motivated me to follow your advice. I've contacted the label, and obviously they provided the full song now. It has now a length of 2:03.

Anyway, it's the first time that someone from Spotify provided a clear answer. I would expect the same service also from the official support.

Hey there @stesch79

Fantastic news! If you need a hand with anything else, just let us know 🙂 

Have a nice day!

EniModerator

Here's another broken song. Couple seconds of silence at about the 12-sec mark.

https://open.spotify.com/track/5uTUKWAxGxd6TAJN1XaYmA?si=2de8ac6f5bcb4320

Hey @Spoxx,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We’ve checked this track in our system and it seems like the audio file was uploaded with that short silence into our platform. As the audio file is uploaded by right holders, distributors or artists, we cannot fix it from here. 

However, we have a process to report the faulty audio to the relevant team. We’d recommend following the steps in this thread to make the report.

Thanks for your feedback. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts