Creating playlist as an artist

Solved!
Highlighted

Creating playlist as an artist

Equator
Casual Listener

Hey,

Recently I created a playlist that I would like to have shown on my verified artist page, but the playlist says it is created by my own name (Jonah Newton), rather than my artist name. I've seen that many artists have their playlists created by their artist name, how do you do this?

Thanks,

Jonah (Equator)

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5uO6MV3i8OU9pNRgE0tF4g
Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 9.56.09 am.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 9.56.12 am.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 9.56.19 am.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution!

Re: Creating playlist as an artist

Rising Star 15 ListenToGlobal
Rising Star 15

Hello everyone.

At this point it is not possible to create playlists directly through your artist profile.

• If you want to create a playlist and have it visible on your artist page, please follow the steps as written here. If you wish to have your artist/band name as the creator of the playlist, just create a new account and give it the name you want.
  • If you want to remove a playlist from your artist page, please follow the steps as written here.

If you still need help or have any questions, feel free to reply here and I'll do my best to help. :)

Happy listening!

Felix

ListenToGlobalRising Star 15
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
29 Replies

detective889
Roadie

Hey - You'll need to register for Spotify For Artists here and create the playlist within that ecosystem instead of the user account. More about S4A here.

edmarron

it doesn't say how to create an artist playlist there, and no one seems to have a way that works

Equator
Casual Listener

I have Spotify for Artists and my artist account has been verified, as you can see by the blue tick and 'Edit Images' button. There is nowhere on the Spotify for Artists site that says how to do this, and there is nowhere in that interface to actually create a playlist under the artist name.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5uO6MV3i8OU9pNRgE0tF4g

detective889
Roadie

Ah got it - i'm so sorry - i skimmed through the post first time around. due to the way Spotify For Artists is set up there isn't a way to set up a playlist with the name Equator unless you register another user account under that username. it's a bit of a hiccup with the new system as it's hard to make any playlists look official when an artists personal name (or random username) is tied to the playlist on a page. 

the only workaround i have at the moment would be to create a new user account with the username euqtor or equatorofficial and create playlists there then use those on the artist page. not the best answer but really the only option at this moment in time. 

ehellinger

detective889
Roadie

Looks like they were verified before Spotify For Artists - that process (which is no longer available) required you to have a user page to sync to the artist page and when that sync happened the username in the user page automatically updated to the artist name. 

Now that user pages do my sync to the artist page we run into the issue that you're having. 

musicoflola
Roadie

I am wondering the same thing... 

detective889
Roadie

Hey @musicoflola! 

Can you give me some details of exactly what you'd like to do and a link to your artist page please? Maybe we can troubleshoot. Thanks!  

theurbanpig
Casual Listener

I have the same problem, been trying to solve it for weeks now and don't get any reply from the Support.

SUGGESTED POSTS