Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Creating playlist as an artist

Solved!

Creating playlist as an artist

Hey,

Recently I created a playlist that I would like to have shown on my verified artist page, but the playlist says it is created by my own name (Jonah Newton), rather than my artist name. I've seen that many artists have their playlists created by their artist name, how do you do this?

Thanks,

Jonah (Equator)

https://open.spotify.com/artist/5uO6MV3i8OU9pNRgE0tF4g
Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 9.56.09 am.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 9.56.12 am.png
Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 9.56.19 am.png
31 Replies

I sincerely hope that Spotify is not expecting artists to pay a monthly fee to be their administrators. 

Kim Beggs

i've been searching high & low for a couple weeks now, has there still not been an update to this?

Hi! 

Was there a solution for this? Is it possible to create a playlist through the artist profile as a verified artist who has the blue tick?

Cheers

​We had to create a separate regular profile with a different email and
make the same the same as their artist name & make a playlist from it. See
attached screenshots. ​

Annoying but the only way we could find to get around it.

afraid not!

FACTS

Looks like this thread is a little old, but I figured out a fix. I logged into Spotify as a user with artist account email (different from the Spotify for Artists interface) and was able to create a playlist. Go to the Playlist Options / Share / Copy Spotify URI. Go back to the Spotify Artist interface / Profile and paste the URI into the Playlist search field. Tada!

Thanks for updating this old thread, since I found it while searching for an answer. 

I'm not quite sure what you mean from your description though -- you logged into regular spotify using your spotify for artists email and password? I'm unable to log into regular spotify with those credentials. 

If you could clarify, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance. 

You can do all of this by using the Spotify for Artists Mobile App (at least on iPhone). I don't know why it does not seem to work using the web. I experienced the same problem of a search box but it would not find any of MY playlists.

Again, you can use the Spotify for Artists App to find and place your personal public playlists on your artists page.

Another helpful tip that took me forever to figure out - is that if you want to change the image for your playlist, you can do that through the regular Spotify Windows app (not the web). The app lets you edit the image and add a catchy description.

Bam!

Marked as solution

Hello everyone.

At this point it is not possible to create playlists directly through your artist profile.

• If you want to create a playlist and have it visible on your artist page, please follow the steps as written here. If you wish to have your artist/band name as the creator of the playlist, just create a new account and give it the name you want.
  • If you want to remove a playlist from your artist page, please follow the steps as written here.

If you still need help or have any questions, feel free to reply here and I'll do my best to help. 🙂

Happy listening!

Felix

If you wish to have your artist/band name as the creator of the playlist, just create a new account and give it the name you want.

this doesn't make sense, it says the email is already in use...

Hey @mdrnmusic,

If it says the email address is already in use, have you tried the "forgot password" option yet?

Let me know.

Felix

Suggested posts