Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Enhance button not showing up!

Enhance button not showing up!

Plan

Premium Student (logged in via Facebook)

Country

United States of America

Device

iPhone 12, iPad

Operating System

iOS 15

My Question or Issue

The "Enhance" button is not available on any of my personal playlists.

Yes I am running the current version of Spotify (I even have newer updates since the September 2021 release date of the Enhance button, such as blends, Wrapped 2021, and lyrics under the songs) and iOS. No button.

Yes, I have tried restarting the app twice in a row, though "This may sound odd but it's how the app does a resync." There was no button.

Yes, I have tried logging out and back in from a different device. No button.

Yes, I have cleared the cache, offloaded the app, deleted it, turned off my phone, waited a few minutes, turned my phone back on, and redownloaded the app. There was no Enhance button.

YES, I have been in contact with tech support and - after giving me access to a test account - told me to check if there was an Enhance button. There WAS! So, I log back into my account. No Enhance button (even after creating a new playlist).

I am extremely frustrated. What is going on? I love Spotify and think the product is great. I want to se this feature as it would be extremely useful to me. I think it's ridiculous that seemingly no one knows what's going on or how we can fix it.

Any and all help is appreciated.

Top Answer
Yordan

Hi everyone,

Enhance is being replaced by Smart Shuffle, so if you no longer have it on your end you most likely got the new feature instead. More info on how Smart Shuffle works here.

Still, if you'd like to see Enhance back make sure to check out this idea and give it a thumbs up to show your support!

Cheers!

85 Replies

Hey @teaticko,

Thanks for sending these playlists.

It seems that they were created a few years ago, though, so we'll assume they're from your main account. Could you share with us some playlists from the new account you recently created (where the Enhance feature is also missing) so we can take a closer look into this.

Thanks again for your cooperation.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hey there @teaticko,

Thanks for your reply and the provided playlist.

Meanwhile, we see that there is a newer version of the Spotify mobile app for iOS. Could we ask you to update your mobile devices to the latest version available, and see if the Enhance playlist feature is still missing for your accounts. You've correctly noted that this is a Premium feature, but also keep in mind that the Enhance button is only available in the app on mobile devices.

As for your newly created account, we can suggest to log out and then to log back in, in the app twice in a row, as this triggers a refresh between the app and your account and may help to kick things up and make the functionality available to you.

Hope this does the trick for you, reach out if you need more help!

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

All of my devices are up to date, I check this regularly and auto-updates are enabled. As for my new account, I have cancelled it as I don't want to be paying twice the premium fee for accounts that only work with half the features... A new account also is not a solution. So no, none of this has done the trick for me unfortunately 😞

Hi @teaticko,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Here's a test playlist we made that had the Enhance feature. Could you try the following:

1. Create a new playlist on your account.
  2. Copy the contents of the above playlist we just shared and add them to your newly created playlist.
  3. Fully close and restart the Spotify app.

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers!

YordanModerator

Hi, I have tried this but didn't work. See the playlist here: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1BikRY5BWvIfwd9c9vdq4d?si=cb485242a71d457b

Hi there @teaticko,

Thank you for your reply and for the provided information.

Can you let us know the following information of your two devices:

If they're the same, can you log into your account on a friend or a family members phone to see if the issue persists?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your message, but I have already told you about all of the above but see the details again below. If it does not work on 4 of my own devices I can't imagine someone else's phone being any different, nor would that be a solution but I will try once possible.

Devices

• Huawei P30
  • Huawei P20
  • Huawei P10
  • Apple iPad 7

Operating systems

• EMUI 11.0.0.190
  • iPadOS 15.4

Spotify version

Furthermore, there are no available updates for my devices or Spotify versions. I feel like we're going in circles here...

Hey @teaticko,

Thank you for keeping us updated and for the info shared.

We know where you are coming from, but we need to gather as much information as possible to keep investigating this uncommon issue and help you further. 

You've mentioned that you already used a different account, but as that account is no longer on Premium, it would also be great if you can have someone log in with their account on your device - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists. This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

We'll be on the lookout for your next response.

OscarDCModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

I had a friend log in on my phone and the button did show up on every playlist, so it is related to my account.

Hi there @teaticko,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting you've done!

We understand that you might not wanna create a new account, however it seems like it's account related so in this case we suggest that you create a new account. You can check this article out on how you can transfer your playlists from an account to another one.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else or further information.

Have a great start of your weekend!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

How come this isn’t fixed on Spotify’s end? Creating a new account is not a solution when there’s so much in the app that is based on your listening history.

Hi Jeremy,

I don't trust making a new account will solve this issue as like I stated before, I made a new account with premium yet the enhance button did not show up. It'd be greatly appreciated if this could be further investigated on your end since it's apparent that I am not the only one facing this problem and waiving it off to create a new account losing many many years of listening history simply is not a solution. Looking forward to hear from you!

My spotify isn’t working i can’t see lyrics and whenever i open the spotify app i have to log out then back in. over and over and over. 

Hey @Yoyoyo1256!

Sounds like you're having a different issue. Could you share with us a short screen recording which shows the app's behavior in action? That way we can get a clear understanding of what's happening on your end.

Cheers!

YordanModerator

The Enhance button has finally appeared! Happy I didn’t create a new account in the end… Maybe it was fixed in the latest update? Worth checking.

Hey @Terés,

Thanks for your reply in this thread.

We really appreciate you keeping us posted about this inconvenience. We’re happy to know you can see the feature now.

We'll be here if anything else comes up. Keep in mind, the Community will always be here for you.

Cheers!

JulianModerator

Hello, today my enhance button disappeared. I didn't change anything, Just noticed this morning. Yesterday I was listening on my PC, not on the mobile. I listen on the mobile most of the times and never had this problem. I think something from the PC version is messing up with the mobile one... Shall I wait not for the button to appear mirically? 

Hello.

What was the solution so that others can have the same issue fixed. Or is it on an individual basis /something that needs to be done on Spotify's end. 

*The enhanced button went away without me changing anything. 

Thanks 

For me it came back without me doing anything and judging from all the other comments on this forum, it’s definitely something on Spotify’s end.

Sucks that it can randomly disappear again 😕

Suggested posts