Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Incorrect album date

Solved!

Incorrect album date

Bring Me The Horizon's Count Your Blessings was released in 2006 UK, 2007 US. Spotify marks it as 2013.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@ipwxy

Hello:

If you go to Allmusic.com, where Spotify gets it's metadata and other information from for the artist bios and other things, there is a listing of the different re-releases of this release and the year of those re-releases. http://www.allmusic.com/album/count-your-blessings-mw0000546889/releases notice the Epitaph Digital re-release has the year 2013? As well as the label 355 with a full CD re-release of 2013. Just this year in 2016 there was a vinyl re-release as well too for the U.K.

I looked up the version of this release I have access to on the Spotify service, and the label information is with a copyright notice of 2013 Visible Noise Limited, under exclusive license to Epitaph.

Re-releases often have the year of release rather than the original year the release originally became available to the public.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

@ipwxy

Hello:

If you go to Allmusic.com, where Spotify gets it's metadata and other information from for the artist bios and other things, there is a listing of the different re-releases of this release and the year of those re-releases. http://www.allmusic.com/album/count-your-blessings-mw0000546889/releases notice the Epitaph Digital re-release has the year 2013? As well as the label 355 with a full CD re-release of 2013. Just this year in 2016 there was a vinyl re-release as well too for the U.K.

I looked up the version of this release I have access to on the Spotify service, and the label information is with a copyright notice of 2013 Visible Noise Limited, under exclusive license to Epitaph.

Re-releases often have the year of release rather than the original year the release originally became available to the public.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks! 🙂

Omnio by In The Woods. Originally released in 1997. Allmusic.com shows 1997 with no info about re-releases. Yet Spotify shows a date of 2020 and I doubt this is even a remaster. There should be a way within the app to report any weird data. 

Suggested posts