Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

K-Pop Discographies Missing

Solved!

K-Pop Discographies Missing

As Of February 28 2021 many of my K-Pop artists have gone missing from Spotify.

I do not need an explanation, I know why it happened.

I merely need to know when or if they will be back.

I would like to know if this is simply going to be the new norm or if Spotify is working to fix this.

I am an avid Spotify listener. Spotify has dragged me kicking and screaming through this pandemic, but without my music I would like to ask "What's the point?"

I love your platform. I have never had a bad thing to say about it since today, but waking up to find Oneus's discography among others (Onewe, Monsta X, LUCY, E'last, MCND, WEi, Seventeen, Mamamoo, Kim Woo Seok, Dreamcatcher, Golden Child, The Boyz, 1THE9, DKB, Victon, P1harmony, ect.) gone or butchered was a very sad thing indeed. Honestly, during quarantine K-Pop & Spotify have been my most consistent form of comfort, I haven't been able to concentrate on anything else all day I'm so troubled at the aspect of losing my music. I know I'm not the only one upset about this, but please find a way to fix this.

Thank you for reading my complaint.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@XOLOVE  @ThomWim 

Kakao M's catalog should be available again. Thank you for your patience.

I checked my library and it looks like most of the blank blacked out songs are now back in place without any action required. For some songs, you may have to re-add them to your collection. If some songs are still showing as blank and blacked out instead of greyed out when you have the "show unavailable songs" option turned on in settings, you can right click or tap the options for the song and select the "song credits" option to see the song title and artist.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Spotify's licensing deal with the distributor Kakao M has just expired. [Kakao M is the owner of Spotify's rival Melon]

https://www.nme.com/news/music/hundreds-k-pop-releases-removed-spotify-worldwide-2890528

Hey, thanks for reaching out!

We can confirm that Kakao M's catalogue isn't currently available. Spotify would love to have them back too and are working on it, so hopefully they'll be back in the future.

There's more info about Spotify content here: https://support.spotify.com/article/Content-missing

MattSudaSpotify Star
Marked as solution

@XOLOVE  @ThomWim 

Kakao M's catalog should be available again. Thank you for your patience.

I checked my library and it looks like most of the blank blacked out songs are now back in place without any action required. For some songs, you may have to re-add them to your collection. If some songs are still showing as blank and blacked out instead of greyed out when you have the "show unavailable songs" option turned on in settings, you can right click or tap the options for the song and select the "song credits" option to see the song title and artist.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts