Limit to 'offline' playlists?

Solved!

Re: Limit to 'offline' playlists?

Peter__
Community Legend
This is something that has come up a number of times in community feedback, but sadly the response from Spotify has always been they can't because that limit is included in the licensing.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Kjetil_f
Music Fan

But than the answere is easy. Spotify needs to get a better licence to fix this. I can't find any reason why that should be a big problem.

Ark-hive
Regular

Yeah, google play music all acces is now in Poland. With 20000 offline songs limit (compared do 3333 from spotify (10000 limit is simply company lie)). Just checking it and planning to switch. Hope it has less bugs, less crap crashing desktop app and so on. Hope for better quality sound without some strange clicks/clacks, constant cleearing cache and installing and uninstallling to get things right. Dunno why but its 1/4 cheaper.

caaarolinnne

same!

beenyweenies
Casual Listener

Curious what kind of licensing restrictions Spotify is citing for not raising this limit. Google Music All Access allows 20k songs to be downloaded to a single device. If they can do it, why can't Spotify?

Peter__
Community Legend
I would imagine they *could* but think of the number of agreements that would need to be changed if they cite that max number.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

beenyweenies
Casual Listener

In my mind, Spotify is basically just a front end interface to a bunch of licensing deals. They ARE their licensing deals. If they can't evolve those deals over time to stay competitive (and bearing in mind that publishers already granted Google these terms) then they are doomed to fail.

multikev
Gig Goer

This is pretty crap. I'm paying specifically to have this offline, there's no good reason to have a limit, since I can stream as many songs as I like.

Most people probably just have one offline device, their phone. This is very annoying!

Your competitor Rdio, has no limit:

http://help.rdio.com/customer/portal/questions/735992-limits-on-songs-synced-to-mobile-device-for-of...

kaim
Casual Listener

This 3333 limit totally blew up in my face today. Like others here, I have been working on playlists, building them up over several years, and basically this limit means no matter how many new tracks I add, I won't be able to listen to them offline.

This seriously sucks. I am serious. It sucks so bad that I am strongly, very strongly considering other streaming services. Why? Because they pretty much offer the same thing, but with less limitations.

Like someone else here said; If Spotify is not willing re-visit old contracts an agreements, and work on them, so they are competitive with other streaming services, such as for example Google music, then why should I still stay with Spotify?

The one company that will be getting my monthly money, will be the one who doesn't **bleep** me over. And now I'm starting to feel **bleep**ed over by Spotify.

mb100
Casual Listener
I think I will be looking at alternatives.
Having also been hit by a stupid 3333 limit which is only maybe 300 or 400 cds I was looking at which albums to delete and have to admit it was not easy.
Time to move on I think.
SUGGESTED POSTS