Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Lower sound quality

Solved!

Lower sound quality

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 14.3

My Question or Issue

Why one specific song ("Butter" by BTS) has a lower sound quality on my device? Other songs are just fine and unaffected.

I am a Spotify Premium user.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @unluckybeast ,

Thanks for posting in the Community. I'm sorry to hear that the song Butter by BTS has a lower sound quality on your device.

Would you please share the URI of the song you're trying to play? (I checked on my device, and I see no issues.)

In case you try to play it using a different device, or the web player, does the issue persist? 

I'd suggest that you try reinstalling your app and make sure it's updated to the most recent version. Then adjust the "Audio Quality" on your app to see if it helps. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @unluckybeast ,

Thanks for posting in the Community. I'm sorry to hear that the song Butter by BTS has a lower sound quality on your device.

Would you please share the URI of the song you're trying to play? (I checked on my device, and I see no issues.)

In case you try to play it using a different device, or the web player, does the issue persist? 

I'd suggest that you try reinstalling your app and make sure it's updated to the most recent version. Then adjust the "Audio Quality" on your app to see if it helps. 

Just checked again. 

Issue occured in the morning first. 

I did not change anything except for the internet connection - right now I connected my device to wifi. I used LTE earlier.

I have the song downloaded (and had it downloaded earlier too) so it shouldn't make a difference but I guess it did, since now it's working like it should have.

I'm closing the topic but I still find the whole situation pretty suspicious since it was the only song affected. 

Hi @unluckybeast,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

We're really glad to hear that everything works as it should for you again 🙂

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

The sound quality is very bad on this song. Can you fix it?

Suggested posts