Multiple artists with same name

Solved!

Re: Multiple artists with same name

Jason
Spotify Legend

Hey @Oktek

Thanks for your post.

We'd love to take a look at this and will report to our Content team right away.

In the future, should you notice any further errors like this, please check out this link on how to report them :)

I hope this helps.

stratplayer

That link doesn't contain any solution to the bands with the same name problem. People have been complaining for years about this problem and nothing is ever done about it.  Really annoying like many other things about Spotify. Little competition so why bother.

Tigintr
Casual Listener

Annoying...

Tigintr
Casual Listener

The error reporting system is self linked and not producing a page to report problems.  :) 

That i can report... :)

aschuelke

Yep, definitely not a solution. The links just loop to each other endlessly...

fred_aspberg
Music Fan

So, will it be fixed? 3 years and still no correct solution, is it such a big deal? I've got a lot of mess in my subscriptions because of this, the latest I saw was Element - at least 5 bands on the same page, and I wanna be subscribe and receive updates only about one of them.

Highlighted

fred_aspberg
Music Fan

Ok, I see, it won't be solved, at least not in the nearest future, but I discovered a new related problem. Not long ago I received a new notification about the band called Nails and It turned out that it's some country crap under the same name, not grindcore act from my subscriptions. It may seem common BUT this country band has separate account and I'm NOT subscribed to it. Clean up this mess, Spotify!

Moes

Yep, that happens when the archivists cannot distinguish between identical names, technical wise. We had this problem with an asset management system once too. Bad thing, if the usability of such an archive tool influences the user experience of paying customers!

Smunn

This can be a pain - It would be great if there was some way of keeping them separate.

rarepixel

Pearl - the Pleasure album and the Love Slave single are by one person (Pearl, AKA Pearl Liaison), but the other two singles (Hello and I Will) and the album Reflection are by other people with the same name. 

SUGGESTED POSTS