Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Music album missing

Solved!

Music album missing

I listen to the album Forgetable by Sorority all the time and now it is gone. Does anybody know why it was taken off?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dillpick8 welcome to the Music boards of the Spotify Community!

Spotify wants all the worldโ€™s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements canโ€™t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

However, please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you canโ€™t find an artist youโ€™re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact Sorority to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

I listen to the album Forgetable by Sorority all the time and now it is gone. Does anybody know why it was taken off?
Marked as solution

Hey @dillpick8 welcome to the Music boards of the Spotify Community!

Spotify wants all the worldโ€™s music on Spotify. However, some artists and tracks aren't currently available. Sometimes agreements canโ€™t be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership.

However, please know thousands of albums and artists are added to Spotify every day. If you canโ€™t find an artist youโ€™re looking for, they may appear (or reappear) soon.

In the meantime, feel free to contact Sorority to ask when they plan to be on Spotify. Thanks!

Hey @dillpick8

The reason is that the artist or their music label has likely decided to remove it from Spotify.

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @dillpick8

I've noticed you had a duplicate thread of the same question.

I have merged them into one thread. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

i have a simmilar problem

i cannot play any song from the soundtrack "Sonic Mania". dispite being able to find it on your own web player, dispite the distributor Sega giving you the rights to put it on your platform and dispite your instructions (to troubleshoot) I STILL cannot play it!

please help

best wishes me

ps im sorry for it being so mean im just angered at this

Suggested posts