Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Play Count Decreases

Play Count Decreases

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows Computer

Operating System

Win 10 & Win 7

My Question or Issue

I follow a few songs play count and I noticed large (almost 1 million) decrease from a few days ago till now. The songs is Baby it's cold outside by Dean Martin.  A few days ago, it was 66,887,333 and today it was 66,032,819. What causes the big of a change?

6 Replies

Hi @rockmaster43 I have never see a case like this before, right now the track is 66,322,545,  maybe and just maybe you saw wrong the first time the number? And if isn't the case then let's wait someone give us a better answer.

Cheers!!!

JpgchiefRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi. I just noticed this happened to me as well with my own content and I have screenshots to prove it. 

I recently began releasing music and I noticed a song I had just put out a week ago went from around 885 plays to 755 plays. 

Today is Friday and my play count is at 755 - on Wednesday of this week I took a screenshot of the play count at 758. On Thursday (yesterday) I noticed the play count at around 855 which is why I was shocked to see the number lower than 2 days ago this morning. Please see screenshot days for evidence. 

In summary: my play count  today is lower than the number I had in previous dates. Please please please fix and or explain. 

0C67696D-9141-4E3F-87DD-C9A059E0B767.png
AFFEB0A7-0288-4A5C-A4F8-404C82F41586.png

I could be confused, but I also noticed that the "streams in the last 7 days" is significantly higher than the total streams, and that this is your latest release.  Was it released in the last seven days and that number is the undisguised total potentially?  Again, I could be confusing myself, but I just wanted to point this out.

This is still going on.

My new album hit 95 265 last morning.

A couple of hours later, it was at 93 167.

Still no answer from Spotify?

Same here, 3456 in the morning and 2591 in the evening. Weird.

This just happened to me! I had 1250 streams and it’s down to 430 . 

Suggested posts