Podcast Submission

Solved!

Podcast Submission

partyfavorz
Regular

I've been running a podcast called Party Favorz for 10 years now. I have rarely done any social promotion for the site and rely solely on word of mouth. 

Party Favorz is a brand that I built and a site that contains mutiple genres of dance/house music podcasts. From Disco, 80's, 90's classics to current EDM, Funky House, Underground and Circuit, I've got it all. 

I am to the sole owner, administrator, designer, content creator and control every aspect of Party Favorz.

Over the course of the past six months, I average just over 28,000 streams/downloads a month. I was previously hosted on Blubrry and just finalized the switch to Podbean, where in the first week I've generated over 5,000 streams/downloads as sign-ups have suddenly exploded. 

Since Spotify only has an agreement with Libsyn (one of my former hosts), I was interested in shopping the concept and idea directly with Spotify to see if there is any interest in Party Favorz. 

As mentioned above, I've been doing this for 10 years now (verifiable through archive.org) and believe I have a brand that would jibe very well in the Spotify ecosystem. 

I can be reached by going to https://partyfavorz.com. Scroll to the footer of the page and click on the 'contact' link to send me a message if interested. 

Sincerely,

Keith a.k.a. K j A M

partyfavorz.com, Owner

2017-Logo-300x300.png
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Podcast Submission

MattSuda
Community Legend

You can now get your podcast on Spotify! Read this FAQ to see how you can get your podcast on Spotify through the listed distributors / email form https://artists.spotify.com/faq#how-do-i-get-a-podcast-on-spotify

Solution!

MattSuda
Community Legend

@partyfavorz

You're welcome! Yeah I would think the team is very backed up with requests. So it may take some more time.

17 Replies

shawnmx
Regular

This link has some information about the Spotify podcast submission process (the Spotify forum apparently no longer allows direct linking to the submission form):

http://podcasternews.com/2017/06/30/spotify-quietly-opens-podcast-submission-form/

They hand select which feeds make it onto their platform, and they're known for being somewhat selective. The fact that your shows are music heavy is almost a guarantee that they *won't* approve your request. But, there's no harm in trying.

partyfavorz
Regular

Thanks for the response. I had JUST read about the submission form on Blubrry when i got your notice. 

Anyway, I submitted it. Fingers crossed. 

Much Thanks!

mrboysel

Did you get approved? I just submitted mine, praying it gets picked up.

partyfavorz
Regular

Nope. Never heard a word back. Meanwhile, my podcast is in Apple Music, Google Play, Tunein, LastFM, Mixcloud and Deezer. Not sure what Spotify's issues is. I've listened to their dance mixes and I blow them out of the water but whatever.

2017-Logo-300x300.png
Highlighted
Solution!

MattSuda
Community Legend

You can now get your podcast on Spotify! Read this FAQ to see how you can get your podcast on Spotify through the listed distributors / email form https://artists.spotify.com/faq#how-do-i-get-a-podcast-on-spotify

partyfavorz
Regular

Thanks for this information! I had switched to Podbean last year and saw where I could submit it. It's been 2 months already and still in limbo with no response so either they're backed up or likely not going to include it. I'm already in Apple Music, Google Play and TuneIn. I did take down Deezer, Mixcloud and LastFM (or whatever they're called now) to limit my exposure and since I never authorized them in the first place. 

So, I'll just wait and see. If not, so be it. 

Much thanks!

Solution!

MattSuda
Community Legend

@partyfavorz

You're welcome! Yeah I would think the team is very backed up with requests. So it may take some more time.

partyfavorz
Regular

Since I cannot post on the forum and I see this is an issue for many people based on Google results, I thought I'd send a reply here. 

I've reached out to Spotify support via Twitter who referred me to artist support where I cannot paste the URL to my podcast as it won't allow me to add it. Since Spotify never notified me that my podcast was added 2 weeks ago and do not really engage with podcasters much less their customers in any viable way, I'm making one last attempt to determine the issue with my podcast. 

As I stated, it's been up for 2 weeks. I posted a badge on my website partyfavorz.com and notified my followers. Shortly afterward, it went down. I checked my feed and with Podbean my host and there are no issues. My podcast continues to be live on Apple Music, Google Play, TuneIn, and Stitcher and my newly created YouTube channel have no issues either. The only problem appears to be with Spotify. 

I've been running Party Favorz for over 10 years now with no issues nor complaints; only compliments and thanks from many artists. I receive upfront promos from the many labels including prominent and up and coming DJ's. I provide track lists for every episode in the anticipation that Spotify, as well as other services, pay the appropriate streaming fees (assuming that's the issue). If that is the issue, then please explain the plethora of similar podcasts to mine all over Spotify.

I even provide very clear contact information that states specifically if you do not want your music included to reach out to me to have it removed. Not once in over 10 years have I ever received a takedown notice. 

Now, this may not be the issue at all. Maybe Spotify thinks I compete with their fake generic EDM and/or Dance podcasts which are no more than curated playlists not unlike what the service already provides. I can't say for certain because you literally offer no support whatsoever. 

I realize podcasts are new to Spotify but if you want to be competitive and stay in the streaming business, you really need to get your act together. Otherwise, you risk looking like a small fish about to be eaten up by the aforementioned corporate machines. I'm not spouting off to be critical, rather constructive. If this tirade came across any other way then I apologize. 

The feed can be found or not here: https://open.spotify.com/show/7nGLrXrj0svRiivC5sKwxb?si=Orot42O4RS-EEHmIJRQQRA

Sincerely,

Keith Whitworth, Owner

partyfavorz.com

Screenshot_20180322-202318_Spotify.jpg

lagstrom
Casual Listener

I run a small but good podcast on pippa.io who is a hostingservice. They want to charge me 8 dollars a month to be on Spotify. Does your hosting companies offer you presence on Spotify for a charge amount? 

SUGGESTED POSTS