Podcast Submission

Solved!

Re: Podcast Submission

partyfavorz
Regular

No they do not. There is no reason to charge you to get on Spotify or any other streaming service. Apple Music, Google Play, Stitcher, and Tunein all allow you to submit your podcast through their own portals. 

Currently, Spotify does allow that but it's harder to get on that way. I'm not sure why they don't do it the way the other providers do but that's their choice. 

Additionally, there is no guarantee Spotify will accept your podcast and if they do it can be taken down without explanation. 

Paying to have it submitted is a ripoff. 

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi,

I’ve submitted a podcast via Audioboom last Thursday but still awaiting contact. Can you confirm how long it takes to be approved and then made available on Spotify?

Highlighted

partyfavorz
Regular

Honestly, I couldn't say. I was listed for a hot second and now my URL https://open.spotify.com/show/7nGLrXrj0svRiivC5sKwxb no longer works except on my computer. Even then, it stopped updating in March. On my phone, nada. 

All I know is that once you're accepted, they do not notify you. It just shows up. Good luck getting any help. I finally got ahold of some person named Brittney to resolve my issue but she just stopped responding once I sent her the information she asked for. That was two weeks ago. 

I've given up and won't lose any sleep over it. 2/3 of my traffic comes from Apple Music. A few followers asked if I'd would be listed in Spotify, so I thought why not. Since I'm hosted by Podbean who they work with I submitted it, got accepted, and then the feed went all wacky. If I reach out to Spotify, they refer me to Podbean. When I reach out to Podbean, they refer me to Spotify. It's a vicious cycle where no one will tell you anything, much less help. 

It's the reason I use my own website feed and don't rely on Podbean, just their service to host my podcast. They do a lot of things right but this ain't one of them. I can't speak for Audioboom.

Anyway, best of luck cause I'm not messing with it anymore. 

partyfavorz.com

Check out the attachment below. I think that's Brittney sleeping on the job LOL. 

Spotify.JPG

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @partyfavorz

Sorry for the late reply.

Spotify has confirmed to me they're looking into this. It looks like you're currently speaking to the Creator Support team, who should get back to your most recent message soon. 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Henry_ks_Lee
Casual Listener

1 of the posibility - suspect there's video content in your playlist as spotify do not accept video content.
Solution - remove your video content then contact podbean & ask them to help submit the verifcation to spotify again

helbertqueiroz

Hi,

My name is Helbert and I am webmaster of igrejahebrom.com. I recently submitted our Podcast feed to yours for posting on the Spotify platform, using the form for Self Hosted Podcast.

How long will it take to publish our Podcast on Spotify?

Our feed URL: igrejahebrom.com/feed/podcast/

Thankful and awaiting your return.

partyfavorz
Regular

Okay, folks here's the deal. Spotify does not accept podcasts that contain music. I had gotten an email from them a while back. Technically, that's not true as I've seen some in their listings but not trying to get anyone thrown out, so I won't mention them. 

It's not clear as to why they won't accept them as all the other major streaming services do. Possibly because it competes directly with their own curated playlists, but I can't say for certain. 

What I do know, is many of the artists featured in my podcasts would welcome the opportunity for greater exposure and get paid for it at the same time. Spotify has the capability of identifying the tracks within podcasts and I already provide an accurate list with each submission. The pay structure is likely different but at the end of the day, money is money and exposure is exposure. 

Frankly, I think I and others add a great deal of value to the service and to our followers. My reach is global and has amassed 10 million downloads and streams since I started in 2007 on various platforms. Nevertheless, it's Spotify's business decision and hopefully, at some point, they'll see the value that I and others like me provide to the end-user as well as the artists. 

AccountAgent47

Yeah, this thread didn't help my situation AT ALL. I use a partnered aggregator as a host AND BETTER YET. For no apparent reason, 2 of my 4 podcasts were accepted and 2 were not. NO REASON given, but it did suggest I check the Spotify submission guidelines which; of course, I haven't been able to find ANYWHERE. Oh well, here's hoping they respond to my email at some point.

SUGGESTED POSTS