Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend (2011)

Solved!

Robyn - Call Your Girlfriend (2011)

Hi. I don't understand why this song is not available on Spotify (French version).

I can listen to her whole album, but not to this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6ImxY6hnfA

Why?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Araneomorphae

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify likely does not have permission from the artist / record label for that song to be available.

When music is unavailable it's because the artist or music label has not given it the green light to be on Spotify. Albums are released in full so if just one song is not given the green light then it will show on the album but it will not be playable.

You can make it so that unavailable songs will still be shown in your playlists/albums so you can keep track of them, but they will be greyed out and unplayable. Make sure to go in settings and check for the setting that shows unavailable songs.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @Araneomorphae

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify likely does not have permission from the artist / record label for that song to be available.

When music is unavailable it's because the artist or music label has not given it the green light to be on Spotify. Albums are released in full so if just one song is not given the green light then it will show on the album but it will not be playable.

You can make it so that unavailable songs will still be shown in your playlists/albums so you can keep track of them, but they will be greyed out and unplayable. Make sure to go in settings and check for the setting that shows unavailable songs.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts