Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Shuffle queue resets randomly

Shuffle queue resets randomly

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Desktop PC, Desktop App (Not Windows Store app)

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I frequently shuffle playlists I listen to. I also switch between the Queue and Recently Played lists to like songs and see what's coming up next. However, lately (last few days) I have started to notice that the Spotify app is behaving erratically: it randomly returns to the "Home" page, and will also sometimes randomly refresh the playlist queue. This results in songs that were already played from the playlist to be re-added to the playlist queue.

7 Replies

Hey @AndrewBlizard,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

We suggest you run a clean reinstall since this step can usually solve issues rendering Spotify to malfunction in the way you're describing. You can find the necessary steps here

Note that we recommend installing the app version from the Microsoft Store as it's the one best optimized for Windows 10.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thanks Mihail, I've performed a clean reinstall of the desktop app and I'll check back in if the issue occurs again or appears to have been fixed. I don't like using Windows Store apps because Windows hides the executable and limits my control over the application, so I'll continue using the standalone desktop application.

Hey @AndrewBlizard,

Thanks for your reply.

We hope the clean reinstall does the trick. We'll be right here in case you need a hand with anything else.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hey Carlos, it's been a few weeks and I'm still seeing this occur. The  app still crashes back to the home screen and the shuffle queue is still being reset.

Hi again @AndrewBlizard,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Another thing you can try is clearing your hosts file by following the steps in this article. Even though the title is for a different topic, you'll find the steps to follow after scrolling down a bit.

If that doesn't make any difference or there aren't any rows to clear, could you try logging in to a different account, like a friend's or relative's, on your computer to see if this behavior persists? This will help us determine if this is account or device related.

Keep us in the loop.

CarlosEModerator

Hi Carlos,
My hosts file is unedited and only contains the default commented sample DNS mappings. I don't have access to any other accounts to test with.

Hi @AndrewBlizard,

Thank you for your  reply and confirmation.

Can you create a new account that you can test this out on? You can create it here.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Suggested posts