Songs only able listning 30 seconds to

Solved!

Songs only able listning 30 seconds to

Annethe71
Roadie

Hi,

I have a question, if anybody knows. 

I wonder if it is a content issue when there is songs on an artist that a user only can listen to, for 30 seconds.

Is it maybe decided by Artist/lable to only provide teaser-version of the songs, or is it an issue within Spotify?

Noticed several songs like this, on two of Lady Antebellums album.

For example:

Album Golden and the songs:

* Nothin' like the first time

* Better off now (that you're gone)

* It ain't pretty

* All for love (have played full version on Spotify beging fo 2015)

Album Own the night and the songs:

* Friday Night

* When you were mine

Anybody knows and can help me understand 🙂

Regards,

Annethe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Solution!

user-removed
Not applicable

@Annethe71

Thanks for the links, now I see. I was not aware some listening regions where getting 30 second sound bites of unavailable tracks. Mostly when stuff in the U.S. becomes unavailable it is just greyed out, I will pass this along. As I did a quick look up of the release and I naturally thought most of the standard release was available to you in Sweden. Anyway thanks again for the links. 

Edited to add: The Spotify mods are sending this up the latter to have the content folks take a look, no guarantees though the content could show, seems to be this might be a licensing issue with certain tracks on those releases.

View solution in original post

67 Replies

user-removed
Not applicable

@spiral

Hello:

A Spotify mod got back to me, the mod pointed out there are two versions of this release, are you able to play this version below?

spiral
Casual Listener

Yep, the other album  shows full versions of all songs for me. Confusing, though.

Thanks for the help!

user-removed
Not applicable

@spiral

No problem, glad to read it plays for you correct. I did not think to double check the artist page first to see if there was another release version available, seems this version might have been the updated one added by the label to the Spotify service to correct the previous version with the 30 second tracks in it.

ericgeneric

Hi there

I just came across this thread - I'm having the same 30-second share issue with tracks from this album. For example:

https://open.spotify.com/track/2zd3WJQQmrWtJTXnndH5KV

Is escalation via this forum still the only way to correct it?

Thanks!

Aussiebattler
Music Fan
As far as I know this is the best place. I still have not received a resolution to the issue. A bit strange but I live in hope 😀

Aussiebattler
Music Fan

The 4 Albums which have all the songs truncated to 30 seconds are Real Australian Blues Vol 1 - Vol 4. If you can help that would be great as I like the Albums.Thank you.

Aussiebattler
Music Fan

I am not sure why the links didnt post but I will try again using copyy URI ? instead of copy to clipboard

spotify:album:0mnnZAeShNjJ8riwDERZ8c 

spotify:album:2m0iZcrJeQvMzYwdbosCuw 

spotify:album:1tc37HeZobPYncfzn9Rv2e

spotify:album:4cyNmYcLqNUnSEFJLQVtuz

Thank you!

user-removed
Not applicable

@Aussiebattler

Ok thanks for those album links, I will try again and see how things turn out with these escalated.

user-removed
Not applicable

@spiral

Hey there, thanks for the album link and Spotify user basic information. I have passed this one along, might be until after the Easter holidays though so hang tight, you should see something soon about this release.

Aussiebattler
Music Fan
I reported this problem on 4 albums a few months ago and despite comments it would be fixed in a couple of weeks still no fix?

user-removed
Not applicable

@Aussiebattler

Hey there, apologies those releases got overlooked. Can you post the album links again, and I will escalate again and see what might be up with those releases getting fixed?

Chrisgedye
Regular
Hi I just installed and logged into my Spotify on my Kodi box and I'm having the 30second problems with every song my playlists my saved songs and songs I search what's the go there?

user-removed
Not applicable

@Chrisgedye

Hello:

Hey there! that does not sound right. Can you possible make a new post in this help section of the community here?: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Windows-Phone-etc/bd-p/002

Include as much information as you can, videos can help here with the issue? Include in the new post what Spotify app version is on the Kodi Box, what version of Kodi Box you have currently, firmware version of the Kodi Box can help as well?

Aussiebattler
Music Fan
It is apparently to be investigated in the next couple of weeks.

Aussiebattler
Music Fan

Its only occuring for me on a few australian compilation albums so if it is occuring on all your songs I would post that and ask for help.

ikkejick

Hi, I have the same issue with a song we uploaded recently. Only 30 seconds playback in embedded posts. Can someone help with this?

https://open.spotify.com/track/0zmb7PsSqFkjfRJjlEJB3F

Anthonyschmit19

Monsters by Matchbook romance and End of me by A Day to remember are only playing sound bites, Im listening on desktop

user-removed
Not applicable

@DarrenPotter

Hello:

The Spotify mods got back to me and have wrote back that these tracks have been reported for a fix.

Aussiebattler
Music Fan
All the songs on Real Australian Blues 3 only play for 30 seconds? I have an Australian premium Spotify account.

Aussiebattler
Music Fan
Volume 1 and 2 only play 30 seconds per track also? Can anyone help? Thank you.
SUGGESTED POSTS