Spamming Collaborative Playlists

snc243
Casual Listener

Plan

Premium

Country 

USA

My Question or Issue

In the recent months, nearly EVERY one of my collaborative playlists have been spammed by bots. I don't mean people I am not in touch with adding to my playlists, I mean, repeatedly, bot accounts that have no connection to me are adding dozens of songs to my playlist from a specific unknown artist (completely different than my playlist's genre), presumably to cheat the Spotify system and gain more streams to their audio. These are not well followed playlists (maybe 1 follow each), so I can only assume that they were found by bots. 

I'm posting because:

1. Spotify needs to find a way to prevent these bots from existing and spamming playlists

2. Users need a way to report these bot accounts so their playlists aren't abused (and Spotify's streaming system isn't cheated)

There are a few closed threads that discuss this, but no longer allow me to vote for. I've only noticed this in the past several months, but, again, it's happened to nearly all of my playlists.

I'm going through the trouble of posting because this is strongly affecting my use of Spotify and enjoyment of my few public playlists, and it's very taxing to frequently remove hundreds of added spam songs.

Screenshot_20220114-120037_Spotify.jpg
5 Replies

Cdubpowell
Casual Listener

This exact thing happened to me and using THE SAME ARTIST! I was listening and suddenly heard this awful song that I needed to skip HARD!

I like your idea that users need a way to report these bot accounts so their playlists aren't abused (and Spotify's streaming system isn't cheated).

Cdubpowell
Casual Listener

PS—It took me 3 tries to post this because Spotify kept erroring out! Just sayin.

Alex

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We know it must be frustrating to have bots add songs to the playlists you share with your friends. I've had this happen to myself and I know how annoying it is. Other users feel the same way and have created this Idea about limiting the editing access to Collaborative playlists, which has now been marked as Good Suggestion. It would be great if you can add your +Vote. The more votes an Idea gets, the more likely it is to get implemented. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Regarding reporting bot accounts - Spotify takes streaming manipulation in all forms seriously and responds proactively to reports and also works behind the scenes to prevent this. It would be helpful if you can send us a link to the profile which is added songs to your collaborative playlists repeatedly, so that we can pass this info on to the right teams.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

snc243
Casual Listener

Okay @Alex, liked the other discussion topic as well on selectively adding playlist contributors.

I didn't save the link to the user/bot's profile before deleting their songs, though I did screenshot the profile. 

Screenshot_20220114-115709_Spotify.jpg

Alex

Hey @snc243,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

If this happens on any of your playlists again, it would be very helpful if you can save a link to the profile which has added the songs and share it here.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
SUGGESTED POSTS