Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify Database Error: Transposed Song Titles

Solved!

Spotify Database Error: Transposed Song Titles

It's not really a big deal, but I've been stumbling over a glitch: The names of two songs on one album are transposed. The songs themselves, that is the music that plays when you click the songs, are in the right order, it's just that one song carries the label of another and vice versa.

Now I wonder how to report this: I don't have a problem with using spotify, nor is there anything wrong with spotify itself, it's just the database that is messed up. I realize that Spotify probably has the data from a data provider, but I wonder whether there isn't anything that can be done about it.

I am talking about this album:

https://open.spotify.com/album/66YoOlsUvwcNFTBkDCX6TX

Song number eight is "Living A Lie - The Embrace That Smothers Part 8"

Songer number nine is "Fools Of Damnation - The Embrace That Smothers Part 9"

The way I linked them the titles would be correct, but the listing says. As a criterion of demarcation: The songs themselves are not transposed. It is only that one song carries the title of the other and vice versa.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Rabenschwinge, thanks for reporting it!

We've submitted this info to our Content team for review and they're working on it as we speak.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @Rabenschwinge, thanks for reporting it!

We've submitted this info to our Content team for review and they're working on it as we speak.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else 🙂

Hi There! it happened to me similar errors, i.e: the same song name but mixed up the artists. Is there a way to report song errors straight from the app?

Hey @fedemundo!

We don't have a feature to report errors within the app, but you can send us the URI of the tracks, albums, or artist pages you'd like us to have a look at.

Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂 

Thanks Ale for the quick response....please have in mind adding an option to report wrong song, artist, album info within the app to make it easier to improve this things. 

Anyways please pass me the content team or whatever the name is, e -mail address. I have a lot of suggestions on Acid House from the 80s. There are songs that you can find remixes but not the original one.

To Spotify.

I would like to report two other database errors.

!.  On the album "Bobby Darin sings Ray Charles" you have listed the song "Leave My Woman Alone" as "Leave My Woman Alonge".Therefore when I searched for the song, recorded by many artists, Bobby Darin's version was not listed.

2) The song title North Pole Boogie by Billy Briggs can be found on Spottify but not the actual song. This is because against that title an entirely different song is featured - one repeated twice in Spotify on the same Billy Briggs album. I would like to be able to hear North Pole Boogie as listed, please.

Like other listeners, I would love to be able to report such things to you more easily than this. Then you would have heard of other examples, I'm sure.

I selected "Call His Name" by Howard Hewitt but "On & On' played instead. I tried logging out and back in but the same thing happened,

Hi @joy316!

Could you share the link of the song so we can have a closer look? Just paste the URL of the track here in your reply by right-clicking the song (pressing and holding if you're on mobile) > Share > Copy link. We'll then forward your feedback to our Content team who'll look into it.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts