Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify does not test updates properly

Spotify does not test updates properly

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Device

(Macbook Pro late 2015)

Operating System

(iOS 10)

My Question or Issue

Why is it that with Spotify updates functions I use a lot do degrade in stead of upgrade?
Degrades:
I can not select songs with shift+arrow anymore. Spotify choses a random order of songs to be selected. Before I never had this problem.
Moving a song with the mouse in a list takes hours suddenly. Before I never had this problem.
I have to restart Spotify every two days. And then retype all my searches because it didn’t store the last songs I played. Before I never had this problem.

Upgrades:
Playlists and**bleep** I don’t use because I don’t listen to commercial music.

By the way:
1) Why are there search fields for playlists and not for albums? Sometimes an album has a 100 songs... 
2) Why can’t I go back to the last song I listened to? If just played a song and Spotify goes to the automatic generated playlist I have a heard time to go back to the song I was listening to...

1 Reply

Hey @Noekeindekoeke,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

You should be able to shift+arrow select multiple songs in the app. If this doesn't work properly, we recommend performing a clean reinstall to get rid of any possible corrupted files. This should also help with the app response time.

Keep in mind that you can check up on your listening history at any time. This page explains how to do so.

As for your questions - when you perform a search, the findings should appear listed by categories, e.g. Artist, Albums, Playlist, Podcasts, etc. If that's not the case, could you share a screenshot of what a search looks like at your end?

Note also that if you don't want the automatically generated playlist at the end of your session, you can disable Autoplay. That should resolve the issue.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts