Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Visual Issue

Visual Issue

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung A53, HP laptop

Operating System

Andriod 12, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I play a song, about 10 seconds in, the lyrics and the time bar at the bottom will skip back by about 2/3 seconds and will remain out of sync until the start of the next song. Then the cycle repeats. The only way to get it back into sync is to pause the song after it has become out of sync and then resume it from the same point (not from the beginning). However, when the next song starts, it's back to square one. Again, it's just a visual error because the song itself doesn't skip back. It's happening on both devices and I have tried restarting them both but it has not solved the issue. It has been a problem for a few weeks now.
3 Replies

Hi there @Bilbocat,

Thanks for the post.

In order to investigate this further, can you please record a short video of the issue. You can upload it as a link to Youtube or attach it to your reply. Please include the current version of Spotify you're using on the device.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

Sorry I took so long to get back to you. I have uploaded a video of the issue below. Sorry about the audio quality! I'm now using a Windows laptop but I am having the same problem with the Spotify app.

Hey @Bilbocat,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop and for the video shared.

That's indeed strange behavior. You mentioned you've trying restarting your devices, would you mind checking if perhaps reinstalling the app makes a difference? You can follow the steps in this article.

On another note, would you mind open a different account on one of the affected devices to check if this is still happening? It'd be great if you could ask for the account of a relative or a friend to open it in the affected devices and check. You can also create a free test account to check if the inconvenience persists there.

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts