Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

WE WANT CHANCE THE RAPPER

Solved!

WE WANT CHANCE THE RAPPER

Dear Spotify Community, 

The time for change is now! We the Spotifiy Premium community have chosen to pay and support your website because of the amazing music, BUT WE WANT CHANCE THE RAPPER! Please just support this amazing rapper and give us the music we love! Isn't that what we are all here for anyway?

Sincerely, 

Someone that appreciates good music 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Great news-- not sure if you noticed, but Coloring Book is now on Spotify!! Enjoy, it's a goodie, at least in my opinion. And have a nice stay in the community!(: 

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I realize you must be a fan of his older music as well and I just found out how to get acid rap and 10 day in your spotify library on your phone! thought id share it

1. download them for free online on a pc, there are several sources as he released it for free anyways

2. go to local files in spotify on your pc, and import them here (reply to this if you need help)

3. drag and drop all songs you want to a new playlist, keep spotify open on your computer

4. go on your phone/tablet/whatever and go to your playlists tab on spotify, find the new playlist you made

5. this is tedious but you have to hit the three dots at the side of each song (or long press) and hit "save" for each one, and you should see them start to download. 

6. after this is done, go over to your songs library and count them to make sure they are all there.

hope this works! if you need help let me know by replying to this thread

cheers

Marked as solution

(I'm assuming you're on a pc because i know nothing about mac computers.)

You can drag it to a new folder anywhere in your computer that's remotely easily accessible, and label it something like "spotify". really dosn't matter. then go into spotify and click [ctrl + p], or;   edit > preferences.   then scroll down until you see a heading labelled "local files", it is the second from the bottom. at the bottom of this section, click the "ADD A SOURCE" button and navigate until you find your folder with the mp3('s), click it, then click ok. then make sure that in the list of sources, the one you just added has the green switch beside it, if not then click the switch. at the top, go to file > exit. open spotify again, then go to "local files" at the main navigation menu on the left, and find your song('s). from here, continue with steps 3-6 in my answer above. 

=>if your songs aren't in local files, make sure they are not in a zip/rar file, if they are extract them to the folder you made. 

hope this works, let me know if you have any other questions

cheers!

50 Replies

It's up to the artist or their label/distributor to add content to Spotify.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

His mixtape's are free no? Why not just download them and import them?

I do this for many mixtapes, but there is nothing like having it in Spotify.

I do sync my music offline, but I'd prefer not to keep some of the mixtapes on my local computer at work. Plus, there is always that chance of forgetting to sync offline music before leaving the house on one of my devices.

The amount of times I've listened to Chance's two songs on here is unreal! GIVE US CHANCE!!! 

Hey @Chimper5

Welcome to the community!

Please read this:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Content-Questions/I-want-an-artist-song-on-Spotify/td-p/1136005

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Great news-- not sure if you noticed, but Coloring Book is now on Spotify!! Enjoy, it's a goodie, at least in my opinion. And have a nice stay in the community!(: 

If I helped you, likes please!
If I answered you, Accept as Solution!!
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Check out my backstage interview

The way it works as the people before me have said is that it's up to the artist where their music is placed, or distributed initially. So if you look at performers like Chance, or Drake they have chosen to "window" their music. That means they will have their music available on one platform only for a certain period of time. They both had a two week window with Apple music.  In exchange for more promotion on that platform they agreed to wait two weeks to let it be available anywhere else. 

That's what a lot of singers are starting to do now. It drives people to one place to listen. Much like Kanye did or Pablo on Tidal. Justin Timberlake was one of the first people to do something like this model on Spotify with his 20/20 album a few years ago. He let people listen on Spotify for an entire week before the album was officially released!

I'm just a music business nerd, and I find it makes a little more sense when someone explains it a little more. I personally have been listening to Coloring Book on repeat, and you can find that at the link below:

https://open.spotify.com/album/71QyofYesSsRMwFOTafnhB

Hope this helped! 

I dig through the internet to find new music so you don't have to!

why is acid rap not available in Bulgaria tho?

WE WANT ACID RAP though

Thank you! What about acid rap?

PLEASE PUT ACID RAP ON SPOTIFY

WE WANT ACID RAP. Dear Spotify can we please get Acid Rap on Spotify? It is greatly missed. 

Sincerely, 

someone with good taste in music

Marked as solution

I realize you must be a fan of his older music as well and I just found out how to get acid rap and 10 day in your spotify library on your phone! thought id share it

1. download them for free online on a pc, there are several sources as he released it for free anyways

2. go to local files in spotify on your pc, and import them here (reply to this if you need help)

3. drag and drop all songs you want to a new playlist, keep spotify open on your computer

4. go on your phone/tablet/whatever and go to your playlists tab on spotify, find the new playlist you made

5. this is tedious but you have to hit the three dots at the side of each song (or long press) and hit "save" for each one, and you should see them start to download. 

6. after this is done, go over to your songs library and count them to make sure they are all there.

hope this works! if you need help let me know by replying to this thread

cheers

How do you transfer them from downloads to Spotify?
Marked as solution

(I'm assuming you're on a pc because i know nothing about mac computers.)

You can drag it to a new folder anywhere in your computer that's remotely easily accessible, and label it something like "spotify". really dosn't matter. then go into spotify and click [ctrl + p], or;   edit > preferences.   then scroll down until you see a heading labelled "local files", it is the second from the bottom. at the bottom of this section, click the "ADD A SOURCE" button and navigate until you find your folder with the mp3('s), click it, then click ok. then make sure that in the list of sources, the one you just added has the green switch beside it, if not then click the switch. at the top, go to file > exit. open spotify again, then go to "local files" at the main navigation menu on the left, and find your song('s). from here, continue with steps 3-6 in my answer above. 

=>if your songs aren't in local files, make sure they are not in a zip/rar file, if they are extract them to the folder you made. 

hope this works, let me know if you have any other questions

cheers!

I honestly think that Spotify should get Chance's & Jeremih's newest Christmas mixtape for streaming because those songs are just as good as his previous mixtapes and it would allow Chance a bit more exposure into Spotify

I have done every step up until downloading it so I can listen to it on my phone, when I click the three dots it does not come up to save the song, cold you please help with this?? thank you!!

Hey,
You have to save it to your song library from your computer. Save it there if you have your entire song library to automatically download.
Otherwise, what also works is to save them all to a new Playlist and then on your phone you click the three dots for the Playlist itself in your "playlist" library, then you should see download at the top of the popup menu.

Any other issues don't hesitate to ask.

Please give us acid rap by chance the rapper!

Suggested posts