Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Where is December, 1963????

Where is December, 1963????

Hello all,

I love Spotify more than anything in this world. But just today, I discovered that, for the first time in my 4 years of use, Spotify has let me down. I don't know when it happened, I don't know how it happened, but Spotify took down the DELIGHTFUL BANGER DECEMBER, 1963 (OH WHAT A NIGHT) and I am more than mad about it. I am hurt, crushed, disappointed, infuriated and POSITIVELY FUMING. This is hands down one of my favorite songs of all time and it reminds me of so many good moments in my life! How am I ever supposed to remember those good moments again if I can't have this song on every single playlist that I create? BRING IT BACK SPOTIFY! PLEASE! I BEG YOU!

Sincerely,

Anya--a concerned community member

19 Replies

Hey @aisteinberg

Actually it hasn't been taken down, here it is ๐Ÿ™‚

https://open.spotify.com/track/7ePFDzrnLt3Ynqgy2UFWri?si=uHtrz_9-RMuxJlj3LVmEig

BittencourtSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Actually it has been taken down/removed!  Do NOT mark as solved, good sir! The link may still be available but the track is unplayable, including other versions on other albums.  The entirety of "The Very Best of Frankie Valli & The Fortunes" is all still playable save the ONE ultimate feel good tune!

I am also FURIOUS and HURT and DISAPPOINTED in Spotify for letting such a wonderful song slip away into the forgotten ether of removed tracks.  Bring it back!!

I can assure you itโ€™s available. Please try using other devices, and/or logging out/back in to see if it works for you ๐Ÿ™‚

BittencourtSpotify Star

And I can assure you that it is not.  I have logged in/out multiple times on multiple devices, (iphone, laptop, desktop, and both application and web browser player), and the song is still unplayable.  The only version I can find of the song is an acappella version recorded by a church choir. 

More confusingly, multiple songs are missing from Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons' albums yet the albums still present themselves as completely playable.  (For example, "The Very Best of Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons" is a 20 track album, however on Spotify's version only 11 songs are present and playable.)

Please don't lie to me and say that the song is there when I have already tried so hard to find it. ๐Ÿ˜ž  Check your link too, because I am unable to open it from any of my devices/platforms and am at a loss

Alright @jungin17 and @aisteinberg, please let me know in which country are you, since the songs availability may vary from one to another.

For example, The Very Best Of Frankie Valli & The 4 Seasons is currently available in the following countries:

AD AR AT AU BE BG BO BR CA CH CL CO CR CY CZ DEDK DO EC EE ES FI FR GB GR GT HK HN HU ID IE IS IT JPLI LT LU LV MC MT MX MY NI NL NO NZ PA PE PH PL PT PYSE SG SK SV TH TR TW US UY VN

BittencourtSpotify Star

To be furious, hurt(?), and dissapointed with Spotify for the song not being available is a bit misguided. Spotify acts in compliance with the will of the copyright owner(s). In this case, it could very well be that they have chosen to not make the song available in this context. They might change their mind at some future point, or not. That is their right.

Exactly, @stegokitty

BittencourtSpotify Star

• I am in Pennsylvania in the US and I also am unable to listen to December 1963 (Oh what a Night). Itโ€™s as if the song was completely deleted. 

Not available in Michigan 

Although most of the songs are available in the US, a few of them are currently unavailable.

Unfortunately, missing or unavailable music is almost always a decision by the artist/label to withhold the content from Spotify. Sometimes it's temporarily unavailable while they sort out legal issues or correct metadata, in which case it'll be back up as soon as they resubmit it to Spotify. While it might be a good idea to contact the label directly and ask why the music isn't on Spotify, you can also use Twitter and Facebook to ask the artists themselves.

You might also be interested in supporting this idea, which suggests a simpler method for requesting albums missing from Spotify.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

BittencourtSpotify Star

Iโ€™m in Australia and the song is not available. What the **bleep**?

In addition to an artist or label withholding content from Spotify, sometimes the decision is one made by a song's publisher. That's the case in this specific instance, which also explains why most of the rest of the 4 Seasons songs are available. They have different publishers. 

As you may have seen in other posts, Spotify wants all the world's music to be available in all countries. Sometimes, though, agreements can't be reached. New content is added to Spotify every day. If you canโ€™t find something youโ€™re looking for now, it may appear (or reappear) soon!

This also makes me very upset. I can't get "Can't Take My Eyes off You" nor "December, 1963" Finally I see the the abyss of crippling depression. I've never been mad at spotify until this moment. 

Buddy, powerofthepen01, You're misdirecting your displeasure. Spotify has nothing to gain by excluding particular songs. If you have a complaint, write to the copyright owners. They are the responsible parties, not Spotify.

I am having this same problem locating that song

Dear friend, I would suggest reading the previous comments ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm in Canada and it works fine. If you can't directly listen to that I would suggest listening to the Jersey Boys. It was a Broadway musical that went over the life of Frank Valli with many of his iconic songs. They're all really good singers and though it sounds a bit different it's not by a lot.

https://open.spotify.com/user/jerseyboysvip/playlist/1esYgabYVXehbZs4AdOzcr?si=iXgf35M7RsaBLol8ZWMpt...

I'm in California and 9 out of 20 songs on this album are "not available in my country".

- Dawn (Go Away)
- Ronnie
- Ragdoll
- Save It For Me
- Bye Bye Baby (Baby Goodbye)
- C'mon Marianne
- Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- Who Loves You
- December 1963 (Oh What A Night)

It's pretty weird to me that bits and pieces of this album are missing, rather than the entirety of it.

Looking through the rest of their discography, there are pretty sizeable pieces of many other albums missing as well! It ranges from some albums missing only one or two songs (Streetfighter) to albums being completely gone other than one song (Who Loves You, which coincedentally also "includes" an unlistenable December, 1963).

It seems to be on a song-by-song basis, with the same songs generally missing entirely from every album they're included in, but I haven't thoroughly checked this theory.

Thanks! I will!

Suggested posts