Why no TOOL (The band)

Solved!

Re: Why no TOOL (The band)

borderline
Regular

I just hunted for tool and thought it may be because they are anti streaming but I did find perfect circle and purifier.

Well that confused me! 

Trickster381

@jwolfecrow Was it removed? darn, I had hope. Oh well.

Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

@borderline

Citing this from the Rolling Stone article

Artist: Tool
Unavailable on: All
Why: Frontman Maynard James Keenan is a physical-media purist, having never allowed his Nineties alt-metal powerhouse's catalog on iTunes or any streaming service. Digital music, he told the Phoenix New Times in 2013, is "just this disconnected thing that you can't touch and feel and experience." His longtime side project Puscifer, however, is available everywhere.

Well, I'd be confused as well, to be honest.
But life doesn't always make sense... : )

SebastyRock Star 16
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

anthel
Casual Listener

Yet "A Perfect Circle" and "Puscifer" are both on Spotify. How's that for consistency? 

DustyRyder

Wait... Maynard doesn't think I should listen to Tool unless I can carve an hour out of my day and give the entire album my undivded attention? Does Maynard think his entire audience is employed and childless? "Sorry honey, I know the baby's crying, but I'm on "Hooker With a **bleep**" and I have eight tracks to go... can't help you right now!".

Seriously, Maynard? Are you that utterly divorced from the world the rest of us live in?

Galarneau85
Casual Listener

So don't listen to tool then tool boy

HalfBreed

But their other band A Perfect Circle is on Spotify. Surely they use the same thing as Tool, so it doesn't make sense....

Hesht

I'm pretty sure the reason/hint is in the band name.

RafG17
Casual Listener

The head of Tool is Maynard, you can’t tell me he is anti music stream when A Perfect Cirlce is on spotify, for thoe of you who think are fans of tool, A Perfect Circle is another band by Maynard which you could say is Tool since it is the same exact sound

JoeNeis

They could just upload each album as one track if it’s such a big deal.

SUGGESTED POSTS