Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Web Player Workaround (for something went wrong, Reload)

Solved!

Web Player Workaround (for something went wrong, Reload)

Well, I've been working on the workaround suggested by various posts with limited success, but I think this may be the ticket until they get the gremlins figured out.  

Setup where I had the problem: Firefox (also Chromium) on Linux Lite

I login using Facebook.

Workarounds: Firefox User-Agent Switcher [OR] Chrome User-Agent Switcher set to Microsoft Edge

See attached screenshot.

The last row in the panel UI is dedicated for the control options including a button (at the lower left) to change the UA to its default value.

Update: I found this info. You can specify a particular URL or domain so that UA is only applied to that URL or domain (read FAQ for detailed description).

For this Spotify issue: in the box at the bottom where it says all_urls, replace that with spotify.com. The extension/addon remembers it for future broswer sessions.

Firefox User-Agent Switcher

Chrome User-Agent Switcher

UAS.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I added the link for a User-Agent Switcher in Chrome--if that is your preference.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Marked as solution

I added the link for a User-Agent Switcher in Chrome--if that is your preference.

Well done, that worked for me! (Chrome 53.0.2785.143 on Linux)

Thank you VERY much, this worked! Finally!! 🙂 Spotify should be paying you!

Worked for a while and hear some music in spotify first time since few weeks,  then spotify is disconecting.  

Not working anymore... Shows only suggestions and lets you open the desktop app for playback. See screenshot for more details.

Screenshot.png

You need to force the browser to visit https://play.spotify.com again. That should work, as it still does for me.

@zealfred wrote:

You need to force the browser to visit https://play.spotify.com again. That should work, as it still does for me.

This works beautifully for me. Thanks!

I don't exactly understand what this app does (lets you spoof your OS/Browser?) but it worked, oddly I set it to firefox/Windows and it worked...but I'm already using firefox and windows..... XD maybe someone could explain what this is actually doing and how it works. I would like to note that it reverted the UI for spotify's web player, not sure if this was intentional or a side affect of the plug-in

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me either. I receive the message that the browser is not supported or complete silence when the full page loads on all options.  Firefox is a loss and I will try in Chrome.

When I try this the player comes up with a green bar on the bottom saying it's playing in the edge browser but besides that nothing happens... 

Suggested posts