Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Desktop player Interface Freeze

Solved!

Spotify Desktop player Interface Freeze

Hi everybody,

I'm experiencing a problem never seen before.

When I launch spotify I see all theinterface broken whith the main window blanck(see the attached screenshot).

When I move the mouse around there are portios ot the interface flickering...but I can listen to music (if I do few click randomly)!!!

I'm running spotify under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 

Spotify app version spotify-client:amd64 1:0.9.17.1.g9b85d43.7-1

Here attached my spotify_dump

08:35:59.161 I [breakpad.cpp:110 ] Registered Breakpad for product: spotify

08:35:59.163 I [translate.cpp:152 ] Reloading language file

Currently I've a preimum account.

Any help is appreciated 🙂

Many thanks in advance

spotify.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @romeozi,

Welcome to Spotify Community! : )

As this issue is kinda tricky to troubleshoot there are few possibilities:

1. Spotify uses GPU acceleration to render content - anything related to video graphics ( drivers etc. ) would cause the issue
  2. Cache

In case 2, you can delete the cache and see if it works ( please note that the offline data will be removed as well )

rm -r ~/.cache/spotify 
rm -r ~/.config/spotify

In case one, there is not much you can do, but try to start Spotify without graphic acceleration ( I am not sure if the terminal option works on 0.9.17 )

And if nothing else works, here is my favorite option. Install latest non-stable Spotify package 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @romeozi,

Welcome to Spotify Community! : )

As this issue is kinda tricky to troubleshoot there are few possibilities:

1. Spotify uses GPU acceleration to render content - anything related to video graphics ( drivers etc. ) would cause the issue
  2. Cache

In case 2, you can delete the cache and see if it works ( please note that the offline data will be removed as well )

rm -r ~/.cache/spotify 
rm -r ~/.config/spotify

In case one, there is not much you can do, but try to start Spotify without graphic acceleration ( I am not sure if the terminal option works on 0.9.17 )

And if nothing else works, here is my favorite option. Install latest non-stable Spotify package 🙂

Great!!

Installing the latest-non-stable did the trick...

But there is a really useful thing missing apparenty.

There is no system tray icon on the top bar...and I lost the keyboad shortcuts to start/stop/mute the player.

Any idea about that?

Many Many Many thanks!!!

In my case it was due to some weird conflict with my GPU. Try disabling GPU to rule out a GPU issue:

spotify %U --disable-gpu

Suggested posts