Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify censoring feedback!

Solved!

Spotify censoring feedback!

Spotify has repeatedly altered the title of my posts and removed comments that are helpful to other customers, because they give constructive criticism about the horrible features in the new 1.0.1 update. Who else censors people??? NAZIS.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The PM claimed my instructions violated the Terms of Use for posting spamlinks.

Terms of Use -- https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Spotify-Community-Terms-of-Use/m-p/111/highli...

As you can see, the Terms of Use only mentions links in one line that prohibits "links or references to commercial products or services".

My link does not point to any commercial product, only a free download of their own program, SPOTIFY. It is not even a third-party product. There is no violation of the Terms of Use in my comment, yet it is repeatedly removed by moderators, because they cannot accept feedback, and they refuse to give their PAYING CUSTOMERS ANY CHOICES.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Below are adjusted steps which DO NOT INCLUDE ANY LINKS, which is the reason they were CENSORED previously.

Windows:
1. Close Spotify
2. Go to "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify"
3. Delete Spotify_new.exe if existing
4. Create a empty text document, rename it to Spotify_new.exe (if you don't see .txt etc. activate file extension's first).
5. Right click on the Spotify_new.exe and go to the properties, set the attribute Read-only.
6. Download old Spotify (by searching online for version 0.9.15.27 download!)
7. Install it.
8. Have fun.

Mac:
1. Go to your ~/Library folder - you can do this in Finder by doing shift+cmd+g and typing "~/Library" without the quotes and hitting enter
2. Go to Application Support/Spotify
3. Delete Spotify_new.archive and Spotify_new.archive.sig (if they are there)
4. Make two blank text documents and save them as "Spotify_new.archive" and "Spotify_new.archive.sig" - without the quotes, the same file names as the ones you deleted
5. Right click each file and go to "Get Info"
6. Check the "Locked" button on each and close the info window
7. Download old Spotify (by searching online for version 0.9.15.27 download!)
8. Have fun

Marked as solution

Clearly everyone agrees, the new Spotify update has destroyed the service and makes most of us want to cancel our subscriptions. Spotify has removed Apps, removed the Ctrl+F Search function, removed the Minimize-To-Tray setting, and is also experiencing countless bugs, like taking several minutes to start playing a new song, freezing in the middle of songs, failing to import playlists or song files from external libraries, failing to hold your place on a playlist if you look away and look back at that playlist, and countless other obnoxious issues...

The good news is, you can successfully install the previous version of Spotify, including all of those ditched features, as well as permanently block the automatic update that is FORCED on users by Spotify. Just follow the steps in this post! PM me if you need the link to the download. 😉

Kudos + Comments if you agree that version 1.0.1+ is horrible in every way, and MUST be reverted to restored these missing features as soon as possible, before we ditch our subscriptions along with all those features.

SPOTIFY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THE NEW VERSION!

10 Replies

They completely removed all Reply abilities on my original post about how to install the previous version of Spotify.

Spotify "customer support" is worthless and shameful.

Hi @zacharysettle,

Please read your PM.

I haven't removed your post as you are posting great feedback. However, your guide is not allowed here on the community as posting spamlinks to this guide. 

LOL, mod calls the solution "spamlinks"!

HAHA

"

Hi @zacharysettle,

Please read your PM.

I haven't removed your post as you are posting great feedback. However, your guide is not allowed here on the community as posting spamlinks to this guide. 

LOL, mod calls the solution "spamlinks"!

"

Thanks Jordi, from stopping people helping others! You must be the worker of the month!

@zacharysettle 

Firstly I have to mention that I do not work for Spotify, nor do other Rockstars.

I had to remove your guide as it is not allowed here on the community. I had to lock your post because you kept posting the guide every time I removed it.

I didn't censor your feedback. It is untouched you are free to add more feedback.

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Last.fm | Twitter

Backstage Intro - Meet Jordi!
What's it like to be in a Spotify Office?

Did I help? Please add a like!
Did I solve your issue? Please accept as the solution!

Marked as solution

The PM claimed my instructions violated the Terms of Use for posting spamlinks.

Terms of Use -- https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Announcements/Spotify-Community-Terms-of-Use/m-p/111/highli...

As you can see, the Terms of Use only mentions links in one line that prohibits "links or references to commercial products or services".

My link does not point to any commercial product, only a free download of their own program, SPOTIFY. It is not even a third-party product. There is no violation of the Terms of Use in my comment, yet it is repeatedly removed by moderators, because they cannot accept feedback, and they refuse to give their PAYING CUSTOMERS ANY CHOICES.

"Firstly I have to mention that I do not work for Spotify, nor do other Rockstars.

I had to remove your guide as it is not allowed here on the community. I had to lock your post because you kept posting the guide every time I removed it.

I didn't censor your feedback. It is untouched you are free to add more feedback."

Makes you even a better guy, if you aren't even working for the gold digging fat pigs

Marked as solution

Below are adjusted steps which DO NOT INCLUDE ANY LINKS, which is the reason they were CENSORED previously.

Windows:
1. Close Spotify
2. Go to "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Roaming\Spotify"
3. Delete Spotify_new.exe if existing
4. Create a empty text document, rename it to Spotify_new.exe (if you don't see .txt etc. activate file extension's first).
5. Right click on the Spotify_new.exe and go to the properties, set the attribute Read-only.
6. Download old Spotify (by searching online for version 0.9.15.27 download!)
7. Install it.
8. Have fun.

Mac:
1. Go to your ~/Library folder - you can do this in Finder by doing shift+cmd+g and typing "~/Library" without the quotes and hitting enter
2. Go to Application Support/Spotify
3. Delete Spotify_new.archive and Spotify_new.archive.sig (if they are there)
4. Make two blank text documents and save them as "Spotify_new.archive" and "Spotify_new.archive.sig" - without the quotes, the same file names as the ones you deleted
5. Right click each file and go to "Get Info"
6. Check the "Locked" button on each and close the info window
7. Download old Spotify (by searching online for version 0.9.15.27 download!)
8. Have fun

Very nice zacharysettle! 🙂 Finally a "legit" way out

Marked as solution

Clearly everyone agrees, the new Spotify update has destroyed the service and makes most of us want to cancel our subscriptions. Spotify has removed Apps, removed the Ctrl+F Search function, removed the Minimize-To-Tray setting, and is also experiencing countless bugs, like taking several minutes to start playing a new song, freezing in the middle of songs, failing to import playlists or song files from external libraries, failing to hold your place on a playlist if you look away and look back at that playlist, and countless other obnoxious issues...

The good news is, you can successfully install the previous version of Spotify, including all of those ditched features, as well as permanently block the automatic update that is FORCED on users by Spotify. Just follow the steps in this post! PM me if you need the link to the download. 😉

Kudos + Comments if you agree that version 1.0.1+ is horrible in every way, and MUST be reverted to restored these missing features as soon as possible, before we ditch our subscriptions along with all those features.

SPOTIFY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THE NEW VERSION!

Suggested posts