Plan

Premium

Country

netherlands

Device

HP Elitebook 2560P

Operating System

ubuntu 16.04LTS

Recently Spotify was updated to version 1.1.42.622.gbd112320. Since then, it is crashing whenever I try to run it. This is the version installed from Snap (same thing happens with the flatpak version, but not with the version installed from the repository with apt-get, but that version is frigging slow,sonota good alternative). it just opens a completely white window which closes within a second.

Now after some experimenting, I found out that when I remove all Spotify config directories, spotify starts again allowing me to log in, but one time only.

Do I understand correctly that spotify is based on chromium? If so, then the cause me be issues with hardware acceleration: yesterday, my Chrome, Chromium and Brave browsers have been upgraded, and all three started having graphics rendering issues, which I could solve by disabling hardware acceleration. Unfortunately I can't find a way to disable hardware acceleration in Spotify. Does anyone know how to do it manually, e.g. by means of a setting in a config file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Spotify crashes after first time start

Music Fan
2 Replies
Highlighted

Music Fan

additional info: before anyone asks: yes, I reinstalled spotify several times, rebooted the computer etc.etc.

Highlighted
Solution!

Music Fan
SUGGESTED POSTS