Stuck in Full Screen

Solved!

Re: Stuck in Full Screen

Joe
Community Legend

The dropdown view menu doesn't include "full screen" any more but are you saying you're missing the usual maximize window button in the top right? Any chance of a screen capture to show this?

Sjoerdadlp

I had the same problem, tried everything, even logging in again didn't work. But there is a fix!

My problem was that the buttons where all just outside of screen-space. This means that if you click and hold on the space next to the drop-down menu's, and drag your mouse, spotify will move with your mouse.

Aka -- You are not in full screen mode! You simply cant see the buttons anymore because you eather switched displays, changed resolution, or made a mistake by making it too large. Dragging spotify to the left, and resizing the screen will fix this.

Hope this helps,

- Sjoerd

skippaul
Visitor

I'm running into an issure on RHEL 7.1 where after upgrading to spotify-client-1.0.17.75.g8f111100-2.el7.x86_64, it launches in full screen mode and I haven't found a way to get out.  My quick fix is to launch spotify with the '--minimized' option: /usr/bin/spotify --minimized &

Solution!

magherita

Install wmctrl if you don't have it.

Then pause the music and run "wmctrl -r spotify -b toggle,fullscreen" while spotify is running.

View solution in original post

deantrip
Casual Listener
Thanks man!
This solution worked on Antergos with Gnome

mihk
CentOS7 here, happened to me also after I changed my big monitor with a smaller one.
The config files are in $HOME/.config/spotify
I deleted that folder and the application started with its window decorations as expected.

anibalardid
thanks, it works for me in ubuntu gnome !
Highlighted

lobart78

lol. in my case, the spotify wasn't called "spotify" because the window title is by the name of the song ( list all windows using wmctrl -l ). so in my case i had to run wmctrl -r "Immolation - Passion Kill" -b toggle,fullscreen. Thany you very much :D

John316Ross
Casual Listener
GOD BLESS YOU! Exactly what I need right here! I rarely use mac. Stupid arrows are there to make it full-screen and then disappear to exit.

MikeH2
Regular

Did NOT work under Mint Mate 64 bit 17.3

SUGGESTED POSTS