Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Linux)

Discuss Spotify for Linux

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. The Now Playing View in the right sidebar shows the album art and info of the current song or pod...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Recent Linux client update changes

Hey! There has been an update to the Spotify Linux client signatures.Users may see errors linked to missing keys and failed signature verifications for Spotify when updating the system. If this happens to you, this can be fixed by manually adding the...

• Community Legend
  • ckier
  • Visitor
  • 24 replies
  • 37 likes
  • 24 replies
  • 37 likes

Solved!! [Troubleshooting] Linux Spotify

Having trouble with Spotify on your Desktop app? Here’s what to try first. Search the Community Someone might have asked your question on the Community before.So type your issue into the search box and have a look. Basic troubleshooting Go through th...

• Community Legend
  • sleeksorrow
  • Roadie
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Linux
  • 151 replies
  • 33 likes

Solved!! No Iggy Azalea Explicit? WHY?

This album came out two months ago, and we still don't have the explicit version. The majority of the album has explicit tracks but we only get Work and Change Your Life because they're singles. Why do we not have the full version of the tracks when ...

• Visitor
  • This album came out two months ago, and we still don't have the explicit version. The majority of the album has explicit tracks but we only get Work and Change Your Life because they're singles. Why ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Any news on the fixes to Your Music?

So it's been a month since the big stars thread was closed with this big list of promised fixes. Is there any news on when they are going to be implemented?

• Music Fan
  • So it's been a month since the big stars thread was closed with this big list of promised fixes.   Is there any news on when they are going to be implemented? 
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Low resolution album art and unnecessary spotify indicator

First: Thank very much Spotify-team for making a native Linux-Client! This is a tremendously awesome feature, which makes you stand out in the range of aviable music streaming services. The program works very well in terms of functionality. But there...

• Gig Goer
  • First: Thank very much Spotify-team for making a native Linux-Client! This is a tremendously awesome feature, which makes you stand out in the range of aviable music streaming services.   Th...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify and jack

Hi all, i´m facing the following problem: When spotify is working and i start jack, spotify stops the playback and resumes when jack is closed again. I can see that spotify tries to use pulseaudio when starting spotify from the shell. I´ve heard that...

• Hi all,   i´m facing the following problem: When spotify is working and i start jack, spotify stops the playback and resumes when jack is closed again. I can see that spotify tries to use ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Improvement : see "my music" in the desktop app

I have lots of albums in "my music" on my android app. I can find them on the web player as well But not on my desktop app (on linux), where I can only see my playlists That's very bad and I hope an update will resolve this issue. Many thanks (sorry ...

• Regular
  • I have lots of albums in "my music" on my android app. I can find them on the web player as well   But not on my desktop app (on linux), where I can only see my playlists   That's...
  • cazuza
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

SpotifyHelper crashed with SIGSEGV

Every time i woke my laptop from sleep. Aport (Ubuntu problem reporter tool) window appares. Everthing working is OK. Below is part of Apports output (SegvAnalyis and Stack trace): SegvAnalysis: Segfault happened at: 0x7fe09ae1383e: movl $0x1337,0x0 ...

• Every time i woke my laptop from sleep. Aport (Ubuntu problem reporter tool) window appares. Everthing working is OK. Below is part of Apports output (SegvAnalyis and Stack trace):   SegvA...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

sound varies volume on it's own

Have an S3 SGH-T999 android 4.3 . Ever sine the OS was updated a couple weeks back, the app varies sound levels on its own. Acts like a bad old fashioned volume knob.

• Casual Listener
  • Have an S3 SGH-T999 android 4.3 . Ever sine the OS was updated a couple weeks back, the app varies sound levels on its own. Acts like a bad old fashioned volume knob.
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! 10,000 track limit

Hi, I need to see how close I am to the 10,000 track limit in My Music but can't see where the number of tracks I have is displayed, can anyone help? Many thanks, Gaz.

• Roadie
  • Hi,   I need to see how close I am to the 10,000 track limit in My Music but can't see where the number of tracks I have is displayed, can anyone help?   Many thanks,   Gaz.
  • gaz8080
  • Roadie
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

GNU/Linux crashing when i click on a name of an artist or profile.

Whenever I click on a song, name, or artist on the side activity bar, i'm no longer able to click on anything on my computer. The song keeps playing and it appears to still be open, but i have to turn my laptop completely off, then back on to be able...

• Casual Listener
  • Whenever I click on a song, name, or artist on the side activity bar, i'm no longer able to click on anything on my computer. The song keeps playing and it appears to still be open, but i have to tur...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Study/work auto time limits

Hi Spotify, just an idea, how about adding a function to set automatic time limits to your music playfeed? This could just be so that you can leave spotify playing and make sure it turns off if you go out or go to sleep. However, more usefully you co...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Spotify, just an idea, how about adding a function to set automatic time limits to your music playfeed?   This could just be so that you can leave spotify playing and make sure it turns o...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Failing to login on linux client with passwords containing spaces

Hello I've encountered a problem with logging in to the linux client. I was sure that my password was correct and it still failed to login. It seems that the login dialog of the Linux client can't handle passwords containing spaces. While the website...

• Hello   I've encountered a problem with logging in to the linux client. I was sure that my password was correct and it still failed to login. It seems that the login dialog of the Linux clie...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Both PC and tablet running Android version of Spotify

It did take me a while to dicide which forup to post on as it is to do with both Desktop and Android. I have just got a new tablet that I wanted to be able to run spotify on. I have Android 4.2.2 and I installed the latest version of Spotify. It work...

• Roadie
  • It did take me a while to dicide which forup to post on as it is to do with both Desktop and Android.   I have just got a new tablet that I wanted to be able to run spotify on. I have Androi...
  • TheGiantHogweed
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Linux (Kubuntu) 0.9.10.17.g4129e1c9 stops playing when screen off

When the screen saver kicks in, or later when the screen is turned off, spotify stops playing. Can't tell which of the cases it is, but it doesn't matter. There is no option to turn that off. Can't have this behaviour as I have long periods where I w...

• When the screen saver kicks in, or later when the screen is turned off, spotify stops playing. Can't tell which of the cases it is, but it doesn't matter. There is no option to turn that off. Can'...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Show artist in Linux notifications

I'm glad to see that Linux spotify client 0.9.10.17 now has desktop notifications. However, only the album and song is shown and not the artist. An ideal format is --

• Casual Listener
  • I'm glad to see that Linux spotify client 0.9.10.17 now has desktop notifications. However, only the album and song is shown and not the artist. An ideal format is <artist>-<album>-<ti...
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 25 likes

Bug uncovered - unable to stream tracks I own when those tracks are unavailable

Background: I have a duel boot (linux and windows) laptop computer and an external harddrive. When at home, I plug into the harddrive to access my music collection. When I am away, I depend on internet streaming. I am unable to stream those tracks wh...

• Casual Listener
  • Background: I have a duel boot (linux and windows) laptop computer and an external harddrive.  When at home, I plug into the harddrive to access my music collection.  When I am away, I depe...
  • icono99
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Major CD ripping failure.

HiThis is a very old problem that I hoped would be fixed by itself but now several years has passed. The encoding on at least the 160 Kbit/s version of these four songs are completely broken. (well the first 25 seconds of the first one works) spotify...

• Hi This is a very old problem that I hoped would be fixed by itself but now several years has passed. The encoding on at least the 160 Kbit/s version of these four songs are completely broken. (well...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
    Mac
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Advertisement blocks player

Greetings,I wanted to report something that has been hapenning regularly (about 1/2 times per day).There is this advertising that sometimes shows up and, unlike the other normal advertisings, this one has no sound and the player doesn't go forward. T...

• Greetings, I wanted to report something that has been hapenning regularly (about 1/2 times per day). There is this advertising that sometimes shows up and, unlike the other normal advertisings,...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Linux
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

[Linux] Spotify sometimes freezes my desktop?

I've had this issue the entire year or so I've been using Spotify but never thought to ask if it's a known issue or anything, until now. I use the Spotify for Linux preview, and every so often it will freeze up my desktop - the music is still playing...

• Casual Listener
  • I've had this issue the entire year or so I've been using Spotify but never thought to ask if it's a known issue or anything, until now.   I use the Spotify for Linux preview, and every so o...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

How do I update Spotify on Linux ElementryOS?

I installed the Linux preview, but I dont get pop ups saying its ready to update. I dont think it does that on linux, but I might be wrong. Is there a way to manually update it or is it supposed to pop up like it normally does?

• I installed the Linux preview, but I dont get  pop ups saying its ready to update. I dont think it does that on linux, but I might be wrong. Is there a way to manually update it or is it suppose...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Linux
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Hacked or left it logged on

Someone is using my account take them off please

• Someone is using my account take them off please
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend