Premium

Country

United STates

Device

Macbook Pro 14-inch, 2021, M1 Max

Operating System

MacOS Ventura

My Question or Issue

The mac app won't show any airplay devices other than my phone or the web browser. My iphone Spotify app can see and send audio to any airplay device but my mac won't even show them. I think this was working fine when i was using an intel Macbook pro, but I'm not 100% sure if switching to M1 is what triggered this.

Mac app:

oli206_0-1675117968992.png

iPhone app:

oli206_3-1675118151137.png

49 Replies

Hey @oli206,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

Could you try to log out > restart your device > log back in to see if that will make any difference?

If you still experience this, it might be caused by an issue with your device's cache. Not to worry, performing a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here should help solve this. It'll get you the latest version of Spotify with all necessary updates and fixes and will remove any corrupted files from previous installations.

Keep in mind that you'll need to re-download your offline music and podcasts afterwards.

On another note, this behavior could also be caused by VPN or private tunnel, since those re-route network traffic. We'd recommend to turn off VPN if you're using one and test if you'll experience the same.

Let us know how it goes. 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I have updated spotify multiple times, restarted the device, updated my Mac, disabled my VPN, reinstalled Spotify and this is still not working. 

Same issue. Reinstall didn't fix it for me.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your replies and for the info shared.

@oli206, in this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. Just to confirm, is AirPlay working as it should with other apps? Is this just happening with Spotify, or does it happen on other apps?

@someraddad, would you mind sending us the make/model and OS of the affected device along with the Spotify version you're running there?

On another note, do you notice if this is happening within other apps as well? AirPlay is working as it should?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Same Behavior here:

Airplay works fine for all other audio services: audible, Netflix, Apple Music, etc. iPhone 14pro, Mac mini Pro, 

iOS Spotify version:8.8.22517

macOS: 

Spotify for macOS (Apple Silicon)

1.2.8.923.g4f94bfOd

Hey @hodgiers,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

Just to be on the same page, could you confirm if you've followed the processes previously mentioned in the thread?

Also, would you mind checking if the Web Player has the same behavior or if it works fine? This will give us a better look at the issue. 

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

hey Spotify same issue macos client is not seeing airplay speaker either. Restart didn't help. Fwiw iPhone spotify app sees it but what happened with macos one?

Hey @orissus,

Thanks for your reply and for the info shared.

In this case, would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you're running on the affected computer? Did you notice if the same thing happens when you use the web player?

On another note, would you mind letting us know what troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? If you haven't yet, we'd recommend reinstalling the app on your computer to see if you notice any difference. By doing that, the app can be up-to-date, and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You check the steps to do it here.

Lastly, did you notice if this started to happen after a specific event, such as an OS update? If yes, please send us the details.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator

Does not work here. I have followed all steps in troubleshooting without luck. All other devices work (iPhone etc).

MacBook Pro, 15-inch, 2017, 2,9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Spotify for macOS (Intel), 1.2.12.902.g1924b088

Hi same issue here, 2020 MacBook Air M1

1.2.12.902.g1924b088

Any progress on finding a solution?

Hi folks,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know if you can see your Airplay device when using the webplayer? This will help us figure out if the issue is isolated to the Desktop app itself or to some network connectivity settings.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hey Alex,

I'm also experiencing this issue on my Macbook Pro 16 (with the M1 chip) on MacOS 12.3 -- airplay options show up in neither the desktop app or the webplayer.  Airplay works via apple's Music app on the computer, and via spotify on my iphone.  

No, Airplay devices are not showing up on either App or webplayer.

Same as the others. No airplay on web or app. 

Same as the rest, reinstalled app, Working with other devices, not working with app nor web player. Using MacBook Air M2 and MacMini M1, neither work with AIR play..  Can use it connecting MACOS sound to Airplay but not directly from Spotify app

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

To continue investigating this case, would you mind checking with a different Wi-Fi network to see if it makes any difference? In case you don't have another one available, you can use a mobile data hotspot to test it.

Also, in case you haven't done it before, include in your next response the make, model, and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running.

We appreciate your help and cooperation.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Having this very same issue. Glad to see I'm not alone. 

1.2.13.661.ga588f749

IOS App:  8.8.46.565

Webapp shows the same issue as the spotify app.

The only way to have airplay is using the ios app. Using Monterey 12.6

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies and the troubleshooting tried so far.

When you play something on an AirPlay device, does then the device show up?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Suggested posts