Plan

Premium

Country

France (previously the USA)

Device

Mac book pro late 2011

Operating System

(iOS 10.11.6)

I addressed the issue somewhere else but I received no help really. I am trying to install the latest version of spotify but I keep getting the same error message. Download failed, will try again in 10 sec. And then nothing happens.

I Have already tried to uninstall completely the app by following all the necessary steps, it does not make a difference.

thank you for your help

Screen Shot 2018-11-04 at 11.11.14.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Update to my previous issue in case anyone else has the same issue.  I contacted Spotify Support, and they recommended ensuring my firewall was not blocking Spotify.  They also recommended attempting install over another network.  

Although I do not have a firewall on my home network, when I attempted install from another network (4GLTE hotspot from my iPhone), the update installed without any issues.  I'm back up and rocking.

Thanks Spotify CS!

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Hey @wolfstorymusic, welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

That's odd. Have you tried creating another user account on your Mac and try to install Spotify there?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

was hoping it would work but no, same results unefortunately

anything else?

Hey @wolfstorymusic,

Sorry for the delay 🙂

Could you try clearing all Spotify directories you can find? Check more here.

Also, have you tried another internet connection or updating to a newer version of macOS, if I’m not wrong macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 is the latest for your device.

Let me know how it goes.

I did try to erase all the spotify directories. it doesn't work.

As for updating IOS, i'm worried my version of Live ableton won't work with it...

Have you tried restarting your laptop?

If that doesn't work: Try updating to the latest OS

Skärmavbild 2018-11-05 kl. 14.16.50.png

I cannot install Spotify either.  Upon opening Spotify, the application closed to install an update (to version 1.0.92.390.g2ce5ec7d-18).  Update downloaded, but installation does not complete.  I get the Installing Spotify message (see attachment below), but I can leave the computer running for hours and installation never completes.  I have tried clearing all Spotify directories as recommended above, restarting computer, downloading the installer multiple times, all to no avail.  Problem first occured 10/31 at about 6pm MDT, and I have not been able to get Spotify to operate since. 

HW: MacBook Pro Late 2011

Plan: Premium 

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 4.02.14 PM.png

Still no success.  Is there anyone who can help?  Why has this update broken my application?

Marked as solution

Update to my previous issue in case anyone else has the same issue.  I contacted Spotify Support, and they recommended ensuring my firewall was not blocking Spotify.  They also recommended attempting install over another network.  

Although I do not have a firewall on my home network, when I attempted install from another network (4GLTE hotspot from my iPhone), the update installed without any issues.  I'm back up and rocking.

Thanks Spotify CS!

Suggested posts