Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover weekly playlist not updating

Solved!

Discover weekly playlist not updating

I'm having trouble with my discover weekly playlist, it's stopped updating every week and I don't know how to fix it. It's been a month now with the same songs and won't update. Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @zfalen @mich41 @ikelman @ilikealliterati

Could you please post the Spotify URI / link of your DW playlist? I could pass it on to the right team so it can hopefully get fixed.

You need to go to your Discover Weekly playlist in your Desktop Spotify. Put your mouse pointer over the title and right click it. In there, the option will appear to 'Copy Spotify URI' and paste it here.

osorniosSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Hey all, 

This should be fixed now. As of today, you should be seeing a fresh Discover Weekly.

Let us know if you're still having any hiccups, and we'll continue to help out. Otherwise, happy listening!

Thanks,

Jack

Marked as solution

@parkerchard

Try streaming more this week, and see if next monday you get new recommendations. If you don't, I'll ask for help. 🙂

Let me know how it goes.

osorniosSpotify Star

Marked as solution

@platypus-man

Try logging into your Spotify profile on your browser here with your email. Your username will be displayed after you login.

Logout of your account in the app and be sure to use that username, instead of your email address, to login to your account.

If that doesn't do it, you should try deleting and reinstalling the app. Hopefully that'll fix the issue.

Check out what I get when I access your DW you provided (don't mind the french in the description)

Screenshot from 2017-10-20 17-23-21.png

Hope it helps. 🙂

osorniosSpotify Star

165 Replies

I'm having the same problem - last update was 2016-03-06, and when I go to https://play.spotify.com/discover and try viewing it from there I get "The playlist failed to load".

Using Windows 10, Spotify version 1.0.25.127.g58007b4c. Tried uninstalling my iOS app and reinstalling and now it doesn't load there too.

Same problem on a mac, re my posting titled "Re: Discover weekly wouldn't update, now doesn't load".

This has been going on for two months or more, and what's really frustrating is that I can't communicate with Spotify. Is there anyone there>?

Hey guys, I'll escalate this to the Spotify staff to try and get a solution for you.

I'll post back when I get a response!

Hi all, can someone please provide a screenshot of the error message they're getting when they try to load the Discover Weekly playlist through the "Discover" section?

Thanks!

Screenshot from Spotify Windows applicationScreenshot from Spotify Windows applicationScreenshot from Spotify Web Player in ChromeScreenshot from Spotify Web Player in Chrome

Thanks @lim_ah, appreciate it! I've forwarded those onto the Spotify staff for you.

Appreciate anything you can do for us. I get a different screen when I get to Discover Weekly through Discover, it loads but with the one that was updated 9 days ago. I had no updates for 7 weeks, then this one, and none since.

Cheers

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 3.12.52 PM.png

Yay it's finally updated this week! Anyone elses working now? Don't know if this was related, but I had the 'available offline' button on when it wasn't updating, I turned it off a few days ago and now it has updated. Maybe it has to be off to update? Unsure.

Another Monday and mine's still stuck... I don't have 'Available Offfline' selected for the Discover Weekly playlist.

I'm having exactly the same issue. Discover Weekly has been giving me the playlist failed to load error message since I tried to check it last week, and it is still having the same issue today. On my web player, it just is listed as "by Spotify."

If I click on Discover Weekly from https://play.spotify.com/discover, nothing happens. All other playlists work perfectly.

I tried to use the Windows app instead to see if that would work out any better, but for some reason that Discover Weekly playlist is from January 11th, and it won't update at all.

I'm a free user on Windows 8.1, and I pretty much only use the web player on Firefox.

I miss my Discover Weekly. I hope this gets fixed soon.

@evilpiratebunny

Try this in the Desktop app:

Log out of Spotify and then close the program.
Browse to the cache. The default location should be C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Storage and delete everything inside the folder.
Delete the folder C:\Users\%Username%\AppData\Local\Spotify\Users\<random numbers-user>\ There is a folder for each profile that has been logged into Spotify on that computer account.
Start Spotify, login and the playlist should update.

osorniosSpotify Star

I tried the solution posted by Osornios and now I've got a playlist called 'Loading... by Spotify'... Discover Weekly doesn't load at all for me now...

Stuck in the same scenario

Hello @betty_anne and welcome to the community!

Would you mind pasting the Spotify URl to your Discover Weekly playlist to pass along to the right team?

K
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

Hi @kateshere

spotify:user:spotifydiscover:playlist:1fSkdueMT2XqGlJVWZ9Rch

Let me know if that covers it.
Bryce.

Hey again @betty_anne 

The list is on the team's hands for now 🙂 Give them a couple of days to do their magic and you should have it updated soon!

K

The playlist is back! Thanks for the help!

Mine still doesn't load... It's been 3 weeks since I first commented on this thread - can someone look into it please? spotify:user:spotifydiscover:playlist:0IPFjSjPJga1uxdvvdY3kV

Hey there @lim_ah

I've passed on the link to the Team 🙂 They should fix it soon.

Let me know how it worked!
K

Suggested posts