Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Discover weekly playlist not updating

Solved!

Discover weekly playlist not updating

I'm having trouble with my discover weekly playlist, it's stopped updating every week and I don't know how to fix it. It's been a month now with the same songs and won't update. Please help!

165 Replies

Hi Kate, Issues with my DW. Doesn't update since last week. Any help would be greatly appreciated, please. Thank you. https://open.spotify.com/user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZEVXcGiGwqHIN8kC

Mine hasn't updated either, it says it was created 2 hr ago but the songs were all added 7 days ago

Didn't update. Same songs as last week, added 8 days ago.

I have the same problem.

Edit: Finally got the update, 18 hours late.

Same here, signed out and in, re-downloaded the app (Mac, premium account via FB login)... still stuck with an old Discover Weekley playlist. Please advise. Thanks.

Mine has updated now, I'm guessing it was just taking a while

I have the same issue. I have tried unsuscribe and suscribe again, logout/login. The problem is still there.

I've been having an issue with DW this week too, but I think it's somewhat different than what I am seeing. 

I logged on around 8 AM Eastern Time this morning and liked the list I saw and came back to it around now (11:30 AM) and I swear it's a completely different list of songs. Anyone else seeing this?

I am also having this problem. Can anyone help me out here?

I've tried: Logout/login, Unfollow/re-follow, closing all other devices connected to the acocount and then logging back in. All of this to no avail.

I have the same problem. Can you please fix it? I loved it.

Hey everyone!

There was a slight hiccup backstage this week but Spotify staff are on it. You should be seeing a brand new DW playlist from next Monday (13/03). You can keep updated on the recent issue here.

Let me know if you still have issues after that!

K

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Treat others the way you want to be treated!
I can help in english, français or ελληνικά
Follow me on Spotify | What is a Community Star? Join us!

So I think this started happening once I put my Discover Weekly into a folder (with other Discover Weekly playlists) but it no longer updates UNLESS I fully exit or log out from Spotify.  I use Spotify a lot at my office and restarting it is a pain in the rear because of various software we have to restrict admin rights to normal users, so restarting is actually a bit of an ordeal as I need to grant Spotify permission and then log why.  Logging out and in is just a pain because it's extra steps I have to do and I use a long compicated password that I have to dig out of my password locker each time.  Ideally it should just be updated whenever on Monday right?  It used to work this way.

Hey there @DanHazard, thanks for reaching out in the community!

That's odd. Could you share which version of the Spotify client you're on as well as your device and OS? If you haven't already, you can try a clean re-install and see if that helps. You can find the steps here.

Let me know if that helped 🙂

K

I believe my version is: 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 for the Windows client,
8.3.0.896 iOS.

I can try doing a clean install. I have noticed it across all my devices
though and I'm fairly certain I keep them up to date. Can't tell for sure
until Friday I think, when the Release Radar comes out, though I'm not sure
if I have the same issues affecting that playlist. I have only noticed it
for the Discover Weekly, (but I listen to that every monday, I don't always
check my Release Radar)

@DanHazard wrote:
I believe my version is: 1.0.52.725.g943b26a8 for the Windows client,
8.3.0.896 iOS.

Hey again! 

Make sure to update your Windows client so it can be up to speed with the latest version 🙂 

Let me know if the clean re-install works!

K

Hi there,

I have a similar issue that my discover weekly is not updating. It hasnt updated since 8th of may! and its really upsetting. 

I use spotify on all my devices (MAC OS, ipad etc) ive tried reinstalling, logging in and out, no being on private session and even following and unfollowing.

The link is: user/spotify/playlist/37i9dQZEVXcEQiJ5JyOs7g

PLEASE HELP!

Hey there @Mwana2121, welcome to the community!

That's not good! I've passed this info backstage, keep an eye in this thread for updates 🙂

K

Okay will do!

Hey again @Mwana2121 😃

Just to double check, would you mind answering the following? Just so we're sure, please may we double-check with them:

- Does closing/re-opening the app help?
- Does unfollowing your Discover Weekly playlist, and then re-following it under Browse > Discover help?
- Have you been streaming with Private Listening enabled a lot recently? If so, can you try things without for a while, this should get you back up and running.
- Are you adding lots of your fav tunes to Your Music/playlists? If not, can you give this a go?

Let us know if that helps things refresh by next week.

K

Sure,

I closed and repoened the app and nothing changed. I even delete the cache as suggested and then deleted the app and reinstalled and nothing. 

Ive already tried following and unfollowing and nothing changed.

Ive actually never used private listening.

Yes, i usually add music into my playlist and songs from around or spotify made playlists. 

Same thing occurs when i use the webplayer its not updated even there 😞

i'll check back in next week..

Suggested posts