Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

High CPU usage

Solved!

High CPU usage

Hi, If i'm in the Explore tab(Utforska in Swedish) the CPU usage get very high! Seems to have to do with the Music bar(see picture). As soon as i hide it the CPU drops. Best regards Johnny
MB.PNG

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Same thing here. Spotify was causing very high CPU usage on my Mac, making the fans spin up att max speed. As soon as I hit "Dolj musikavisering" the CPU usage went from around 200% to 1% or less!

(The current "ad" showing was for the new Eminem album. This reminds me of way back when a single Flash ad on a web page caused the fans to kick in. Spotify should make some effort to keep these ads at low CPU usage.)

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Congrats to Aetles. You are smarter than the people working at Spotify. I suggest you start working at Google, any IT job beacuse the world need problem solvers like you.

Yes I'm salty about this freaking add making my 7700k hog up 50% CPU usage from a freaking Spotify add. This is very very bad, be ashamed Spotify. 

Thanks again Aetles.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Wempa

Could you try going to View and enable/disable Hardware Acceleration?

Reinstalling Spotify might help here too. To reinstall, do this:

Uninstall Spotify. Go to %AppData% in your file browser and make sure there are no Spotify folders under Local and Roaming. In case you find anything, delete them.

Restart your computer and then reinstall Spotify.

This is the clean reinstallation. 🙂 This way old files won't cause troubles.

Let me know how it goes!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Marked as solution

Same thing here. Spotify was causing very high CPU usage on my Mac, making the fans spin up att max speed. As soon as I hit "Dolj musikavisering" the CPU usage went from around 200% to 1% or less!

(The current "ad" showing was for the new Eminem album. This reminds me of way back when a single Flash ad on a web page caused the fans to kick in. Spotify should make some effort to keep these ads at low CPU usage.)

Same just happend to me, could barely use my pc that ad was just tanking all my cpu power. Remove that ad and its down to 0,1% cpu usage again.. 

Come on how can that be released

Marked as solution

Congrats to Aetles. You are smarter than the people working at Spotify. I suggest you start working at Google, any IT job beacuse the world need problem solvers like you.

Yes I'm salty about this freaking add making my 7700k hog up 50% CPU usage from a freaking Spotify add. This is very very bad, be ashamed Spotify. 

Thanks again Aetles.

Suggested posts