NEXT STEP

I have a very specific problem

Solved!

I have a very specific problem

Free

USA

Macbook Air

OS X El Capitan

I know you can't download music unless you have Premium. My brother wanted to see whether if the download button on the playlist I was listening to was toggled on, it would ask you to sign up for Premium. I humored him and toggled it on. It turned on, but nothing downloaded and no message popped up. I turned it back off again. I had songs in that playlist that I had downloaded outside of Spotify and was using Spotify to play them. When I toggled the switch back off, I could no longer play those songs no matter what playlist they were in. They also no longer show up in the "Local Files" section of Spotify, even though they are still on my computer. To fix this problem, I have tried quitting Spotify using the option in the app and using Activity Monitor (Mac Task Manager). I have also tried deleting and re-downloading the app, which acted like I had only quit the app because when I opened it, it remembered what song I was listening to and nothing had changed. I also tried turining the switch on and back off again. I would like to mention that the rest of these songs that I have still show up in Local Files. This only happened to the ones in that playlist. I am wondering if I can find a way to actually delete the app so that it doesn't remember my computer (or my computer doesn't remember it) and if this will fix the problem. Any other solutions would also be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

I recommend you try a clean reinstall of Spotify, you can find a guide here.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

I recommend you try a clean reinstall of Spotify, you can find a guide here.

Let me know how it goes! 🙂

I worked! Thanks for the help! 🙂

Suggested posts