Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I've lost all my music in queue!

I've lost all my music in queue!

Hello,

today i was ready to listen my queued music more than 700 songs when i opened spotify there was 0 music in que!! i have an heart attack! also because  now i don't remember which albums i have picked to listen!

anything to do to ? why happened?!

21 Replies

Searched for it http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Songs-randomly-disappearing-from-my-queue...

In there Rorey replied
"Hello everyone. Spotify here. For some time now, Spotify has a pesky trait of losing the queued tracks and general playback order when it goes offline. At the moment, we don't have any word on when this will be improved since it's tricky to build. When it does get improved, we'll be sure to update to community so check back for updates."

So it Seems like they haven't been able to find a solution to the problem yet and I don't think you'll be able to recover the lost queue.

in the future maybe think about doing a "to listen to" playlist folder where you can save the albums you want to have listen to? 

Terrible really.  I's one of those things we should suggest in a massive message to the spotify team...i have lost hundrens of songs and potential new music in tis way. 

Very bad.

I have to say that is the second time in a year that happened but the first time i took a note of what i lost but not this time.

Terrible & scary.

i've lost everything, but i always made sure to save them. however, now i need to find all the songs in the cluttered mess of saved songs 😞 i dont even know if im going to be able to listen to all of them even if they're saved

Straight**bleep**. I had over 200 queued songs from a bunch of albums and artists how tf is this shitty bug still a thing. It’s been years and somehow one of the best platforms haven’t fixed such a simple issue. Stupid asf just change**bleep** coding u put in so I don’t lose**bleep**. 

Ugh, same... had been queueing up tracks for weeks and now when I was just about to sit down and start getting through it... the entire thing is empty. How is it so hard to keep that saved somewhere in a server??

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out. Apologies for the delayed response, we just came across this thread.

Experiencing delayed performance and issues like the ones you're facing when searching/ making alterations to very large queues is expected, since the system is constantly trying to update information in real time. Our developer team is aware of this and they're working on improving the experience. We cannot say when or if this will be solved, but we recommend keeping your app up to date, as software improvements come with every update. 

As a workaround we recommend saving the music into a couple of playlists ones and regularly clearing the cache of the app and your device in general.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

doesn't that defeat the purpose of the que then?

"We cannot say when or if this will be solved"...

That is the kind of response I would understand and accept from an independent developer, but not from the largest music streaming platform in the world!

I appreciate that that response was at least somewhat relevant and not some generic canned response, but I'm not really sure how it could be so difficult to make sure a list of songs doesn't just disaooear on its own. I don't tend to have issues with data simply disappearing on any other platform, app, computer, etc. 🙃

Honestly, it's ludicrous to excuse it as being expected. Imagine your files on Google Drive or Apple iCloud just suddenly disappeared one day and they told you "loss of files is expected, since the system is constantly trying to update information in real time" and then suggested a workaround of backing up your files to another drive or cloud service... 😆

I think you slightly misunderstood the issue anyway. No one here has said they lost their queue while searching/managing their queue. The issue is that we had a queue set in stone, left Spotify for however long, and then when we returned, the queue was simply gone and empty. It shouldn't be hard to prevent that.

Hey there @Booskaaa and @TonySnark,

Thank you for your posts and feedback.

We're always want Spotify to be better overall and constantly aiming to improve. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

Once again - thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. Let us know if we can help with anything else. We're always one reply away.

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Wow so helpful thanks for no solution besides MAKING A PLAYLIST WHICH THE QUEUED SONGS ARE MEANT TO BE GONE THROUGH BEFORE PUTTING IN. Literally defeats the purpose of ever creating a queue, thanks for nothing.

Happened to me today; fourth time or so it happens... It's really depressing to queue 700 tracks and then it all goes poof 200 songs in. 😞

Oh and god forbid you accidentally use your smart speaker to ask for a song, then your queue from Spotify Desktop gets completely wiped clean.

I really wish Spotify Desktop made a modicum of effort in backing up the queue and restoring it when wiped, just like every browser can recover tabs after a crash. This should be high priority.

Or at the very least, add an option to save the current queue in its entirety as a playlist, you know, just like Youtube. I can rightclick a track and add to playlist, but there is no clear way of selecting everything. Please please please make that easy. It's the least you can do.

Hey @darkvertex,

Thanks for posting on this thread.

We're constantly running tests and improvements for the app, and we really appreciate you’re taking the time to share your suggestions with the Community. 

We encourage you to add your idea to our ideas board. Others can then vote on it and add to the conversation to show their support. You can find the steps to submit a new idea in this Spotify Answer.

You can also read more about how feedback on ideas reaches Spotify here.

We'll be here if you have any questions.

Cheers!

CarlosEModerator

For real though, this the most unprofessional support thread I think I've ever read, it's like they aren't even real humans, and don't even care even though they'd get a lot more revenue if they fixed the little things.

I have submitted my two ideas, please vote 'em up ya'll:

Welp, it's happened yet again! Once more, I've lost my entire queue. Sigh...

So now Spotify updated the desktop app UI and for whatever reason, the queue no longer displays more than 50 songs. There are more songs in my queue as I can see on my phone, but the desktop app shows only 49 tracks in queue and the 50th track as "Next Up". As I progress through the songs, they move and the next song that was hidden shows under Next Up. What even...?

And because of this, you can no longer even do the workaround of backing up your queue as a playlist because you can't select all the songs in it 😐

Hi there @TonySnark,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

This is expected behavior.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

The best way to provide your feedback regarding this would be in this thread.

Let us know if we can help you with anything else.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I spent hours looking up and adding old nostalgia music to my queue, only for spotify to randomly f*ing clear it (apparently it considers the entire upper top bar as "clear queue" and not the f*ing "clear queue" button itself). Of course no option to recover this and no history of the music I added either. This app is becoming more and more of a hassle with every update and I'm strongly considering switching.

It has been many years now that you've had to solve such a simple issue that every other platfrom seems to have figured out without a problem years ago. This is an incredibly frustrating problem for many of your customers. I have lost so many queues and honestly been at crying point many times, when I've realised there's no way to recover the new music I was about to listen to.

SO STOP RESPONDING LIKE A F*CKING ROBOT ON HERE, WHILST YOU HAVE THE SPARE TIME TO TALK LIKE AN 18-YEAR OLD ON TWITTER SHARING MEMES.

FIX IT !!! SERIOUSLY. PEOPLE HAVE HAD ENOUGH.

YOUR IRRESPONSIBLE AND CARELESS LACK OF ACTION IS HONESTLY SHAMEFUL AT THIS POINT.

Signed:

- A very angry customer.

Suggested posts