Insanely long load time on iMac desktop

2 people liked this

Insanely long load time on iMac desktop

lindytunes1
Music Fan

Not sure exactly when, but my iMac spotify install got pretty much unusable -- the load time is, and I'm not exaggerating, 9-10 minutes.  If I were to wait that long, the performance once everything loads is OK.  It's strictly the load.  On my iphone X (latest OS) load time is fine.  On my Macbook Pro (recent acquisition), same OS as desktop (High Sierra 10.13.6), load time is fine.

What can I do to restore the load time on my iMac -- my wife usually is curled up with the Macbook Pro!  Help!

(And for chrisake spotify, put a friggin' A-Z on the right side of the library on the deskop version - sheesh.)

7 Replies

Re: Insanely long load time on iMac desktop

Rising Star 8 PigeonXtreme
Rising Star 8

Hey lindytunes1,

Just wanna make sure I am understanding you correctly. Are you saying the time it takes for the app to open is taking a long time? If so, have you tried redownloading the app? Or checking to see if Spotify needs updated?

Let me know!

PigeonXtremeRising Star 8
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Rock Star 13
Rock Star 13

Hey @lindytunes1, Welcome to the Community.

Hope you are doing great!

About the A-Z slider in your Library, this sounds like a good idea. I’d suggest starting a new thread in the Community Ideas ExchangeThis’ll allow users, Stars, and Moderators to vote and comment on it :)

Now about the slow load of Spotify, I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

Try to disable Hardware Acceleration, just click on the spotify Menu in your Menu Bar next to the Apple Menu, just find Hardware Acceleration and next click on it to disable then confirm to restart Spotify.
Also, if you don't use local files try to disable them inside Settings.

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 13
1 person liked this

Rising Star 8 PigeonXtreme
Rising Star 8

@Loxer good call with restarting the Mac! I totally forgot to mention that as another troubleshooting option. 

PigeonXtremeRising Star 8

lindytunes1
Music Fan

Deleted the app and resintalled and problme resolved ... but still cna't synch to iphone ... sheesh ... will post separate...

geovanaibarra
Casual Listener

I've been experiencing the same issue, it just takes too long -more than 10 minutes or never- to load ie. discovery weekly or other playlists I have saved. I use IMAC 

geovanaibarra
Casual Listener

I`ve deleted and installed again twice this week...and still same problem... 

Captura de pantalla 2018-12-05 a la(s) 20.40.11.png

jimid64
Casual Listener

Same problem here. Never used to be like this. As a paid user for years, I may just stop being one. It's getting ridiculous.

SUGGESTED POSTS