Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New Update

Solved!

New Update

Plan: Premium Family

Device

Macbook Pro 2020

Operating System

Big Sur

For some reason, when I use Spotify in my joint account with my sister the update works but when I use my personal account it is still the old version of Spotify. Kinda hard to explain so I attached some screenshots. I tried to clean reinstall Spotify and it didn't work. Anyone know why it won't work?

Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 8.57.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-08 at 8.46.43 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this.

@subjectchanger, no worries, the new desktop app is currently rolling out that's why not all users have it yet. We suggest that you keep your app up-to-date always to avoid missing a thing.

@O_Music, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. In this case, we'd recommend adding it to this Feedback thread. As the right teams are still collecting ideas on how to make the Desktop app better and more user friendly, this is the best place to post your comments.

We hope this clear things up. If you need help with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

6 Replies

i have the same problem. yesterday everything was fine. now i have the old design. wth?

It’s gradually rolling out to users. Just chill. 

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts .

Can you try to perform a clean reinstall of the app? This will make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

We'll keep an eye out for your replies,

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

I tried that already, but just in case I tried it one more time. It didn't work ;-;

Hi!
There's 2 bugs that slipped into this new desktop version on Mac & Windows, or maybe they were removed, in which case it would be great to get them back again.

1)
With the new version there's no way to filter playlists anymore.
I have a lot of playlists and folders with playlist
When I find a song I like I, like many other, would like to add them to a playlist.
Normally we were able to right click, go to "add to playlist", then start typing the letters of the playlist and it would filter and you easily had the song added to the desired playlist within 3 seconds.... now having to scroll through all the playlists, that are not really organised in any way it takes ages to find the playlist I want to add it to...
Would be great to have this filtering system working again.

2)
One of my most used are Discover Weekly, Release Radar and recently played.
How do you access them on the new desktop version? It used to be under "Made for Username" from the link in the top left menu.
Now the top left menu item has been removed.
And when in home, scrolling down to "Made for Username" it shows Daily Mix 1-6 and Family Mix.... but no Discover Weekly, Release Radar or Recently played. Some of the other lists have a "See All" option to see more more the "Made for Username" hasn't got the "See All"
So please let us know how to access these.

Thanks.

Marked as solution

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this.

@subjectchanger, no worries, the new desktop app is currently rolling out that's why not all users have it yet. We suggest that you keep your app up-to-date always to avoid missing a thing.

@O_Music, we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. In this case, we'd recommend adding it to this Feedback thread. As the right teams are still collecting ideas on how to make the Desktop app better and more user friendly, this is the best place to post your comments.

We hope this clear things up. If you need help with anything else, we're always a post away.

Cheers!

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts