Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast page says there was a problem on desktop client, no problem on web client

Solved!

Podcast page says there was a problem on desktop client, no problem on web client

I'm a premium member in the US

This is a problem occuring on the OSX desktop client on an iMac running Sierra.

When I click on Podcast from the navigation I am presented with a layer that reads:

"There was a problem displaying this page!

This page either does not exist or an error occured."

Where that layer and it's background image stop I can see one of my subscribed podcasts showing.  I have no problem playing episodes if I search and click on them and the webclient doesn't have this issue. 

Please fix.

Screen Shot 2019-04-30 at 3.43.46 PM.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @marco_@Carpster@imark22@TomTheMulk and @mihaiparaschiv,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

19 Replies

I have the same problem on Windows 7 64bit on a Dell XPS9550.

I'm getting the same problem.  macOS 10.14.4 and Spotify 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

Same problem. Restarted, reinstalled, refreshed, rebooted, re-frustrated.

Screenshot 2019-05-01 10.57.12.jpg

I updated the app, logged in and out, tried to find help and it seems Spotify doesn't have a direct means of contacting them over issues such as this.  I use spotify basically for podcasts..what is going on Spotify..how about a fix if you aim to keep your longtime subscribers. Very frustrated.

Second level customer support suggests this may be related to work networks
/ settings / firewalls etc. I have this problem using Spotify at work, but
I have yet to try it on a desktop elsewhere.

Marked as solution

Hey @marco_@Carpster@imark22@TomTheMulk and @mihaiparaschiv,

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of an issue with the app and are currently investigating it. Feel free to contribute in this topic where we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

I am also experiencing the same issue on both Mac and Windows computers at work and home since yesterday 5/1.  I do not think it is a firewall issue because no firewall settings have changed at home or work. I can also view and play podcasts on Spotify Webplayer. I have tried deleting and reinstalling Spotify, and it did not resolve the issue. 

Same problem here. I can listen to the Podcasts via "Recently Played" but the "Podcasts" link in the left Your Library bar does not work,

Same here and suuuuper annoying.

Windows 10 Pro 1809

Spotify 1.1.5.153.gf614956d

Same issue here on both mac and ios. Main page won't load/says theres a problem

As described by the above user, the problem has now exacerbated to the main page not loading. "Please try again later." is the error message displayed. Going from bad to worse.

Screen Shot 2019-05-03 at 9.24.02 AM.png

I'm having the same problem. It works on my phone, but not on desktop. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, version 1809. Spotify version 1.1.5.152.gf0f488f1 (Windows Store version). Device is a Dell Latitude D830. My problem just started today; yesterday it still worked. 

Annotation 2019-05-08 015659.jpg

Any updates? It's been over a week now. I'd like to know if this is going to be fixed anytime soon or if we're playing a waiting game, as I mainly use Spotify for podcasts as well. 

It's not a work / employer network / firewall issue -- I'm experiencing it on my desktop at home as well, no firewalls.

Same.

Hey Spotify, it's been weeks. I'm not paying for this much longer. Fix it now. We all have plenty of other options.

C'mon. You can't expect this to be fixed with only millions of dollars coming in monthly, can you? Stop being a selfish **bleep**, and enjoy the fun game they have bestowed upon us. Super 27 click time to get to what we one-clicked before happy fun times game is the best. I wish I could give them more money a month for the added value content. We need a high score board!!!!

Seems to be fixed. Fingers crossed.

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for getting back in touch and your patience so far. 

We'd recommend keeping an eye in the thread @Guido suggested here. We'll make sure to pass on any updates we have regarding this there.

We'd also suggest leaving a comment with the required info, if you haven't already, and adding your +VOTE in the issue.

Hope this helps clarifies things! If there's anything else we can help with, don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

The bug came back in the last update.

It is not "fixed", in fact, the "fix" you pointed to was dated BEFORE the original post.

Spotify keeps reintroducing this bug becuase of poor quality control.

Suggested posts