Removal of desktop notifications

Highlighted

Re: Removal of desktop notifications

user-removed
Not applicable

It's been about 5 hours since I posted my thoghts, and despite it having been gone now for weeks, my notification bell has gloriously returned!  I didn't have to re-install or re-lanch, it's simply back.

Wow.  Not sure why/how, but I'm very glad to see my old friend 🙂

Highlighted

Casual Listener

Well, my bell is finally back.

From my side, and just if someone from spotify reads this, 80% of the time that I use spotify (more than 8 hours a day) is in the office where I'm loged in on gmail with my work email.

I receive notifivations on my personal email which is logical and so with no "bell" no notifications..

Bell is back and hope to stay!

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Please bring back the desktop notification feature
Highlighted

Casual Listener
Where is the old page of notifications?
Highlighted

Roadie

@Rorey wrote:

On May 15th, we will be turning off the in-app notifications "bell" on desktop. We are continuously working to improve and simplify our notifications features, and this change will allow us to shift our focus to email and push notifications. We are also working on completely new ways of keeping you up-to-date with new album releases, helping you discover new music, and know what your friends are up to.

To make sure you have your email and push notifications set up the way you'd like, check out the steps here.

Please share any feedback you have here in the Community. We're listening, and will pass it all on to the team.

Right, so you're say you're turning them off then suddenly everybody starts getting them again. Did someone hit the 'on' button, by mistake? Or is it a case of the left hand not knowing what the right one's doing? Or - and I hope that this is the case - did Spotify listen to our feedback and sensibly reversed their decision? I'd be interested in the answer.

Highlighted

Regular

Had it for a one day - now it's gone again. Why the hell remove such a simple and useful feature? I don't want email notifications and I don't always want to use my phone for push. Really frustrating and incomprehensible!

Highlighted

Betreff: Removal of desktop notifications

Roadie

I always liked that option, because I usually delete email notifications after reading them. And I don't think I will collect them now in a special folder to search through it and click on them individually, so basically the very useful information about new releases of my followed artists is lost, as is the reason for following an artist on Spotify at all.

Highlighted

Regular
I'm actually a bit mad about this... I've been waiting for a small infity for the bell, thinking, one day it will return. Then suddenly, one day I see a bunch of notifications and the little bell. I am overly delighted and praise all gods in the pantheon of the north and start exploring all new releases. The next day I sit down at my computer, looking forward to continue exploring just to notice that my beloved bell is gone again... darn you spotify!
Highlighted

Seriously, this is beyond a joke. You ask for feedback stating it is 'important' to you and you blatantly ignore it! WE ALL WANT THE NOTIFICATIONS BELL BACK! Not difficult to grasp is it? There is no other way of receiving this information that we (those paying customers who actually use the facility everyday) would rather see. Like the others my bell was reinstated for one glorious day and has, once more, been deleted. It's quite evident from the posts, tweets, and comments across all of your various social media sites that this has been an incredibly unpopular decision and one you should reverse permanently if you truly value your customers and their user experience!
Regards from a customer service manager who wouldn't be doing her job correctly if she had let this many complaints go by unanswered and unresolved!
Highlighted

Roadie
But why fix what wasn't broken?
That was a fine feature. Right there in front of me, I got my new release notifications, and could refer back to them easily.
I looked forward to opening Spotify & seeing what was new!
I hate push notifications. I don't want stuff popping up while I'm working.
When you say email, are you referring to the messages box that is now where the notifications bell used to be? Will new release notifications go there from now on?
SUGGESTED POSTS